Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

What we need is a chromed version of the 300th Fett.

Now that would be worth getting...Christmas tree ornament or not.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

Has there been a confirmed release date and amount you have to spend to get this R2 yet?

The last I heard, you had to spend $20-25 to get it, but that was a rumor.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

????? TRU ???? Clueless???? I Have asked every manager and most don't even know what I'm talking about. I thought it was confirmed that we had to spend $20. Hell who knowssss
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I don't know if this is true or not, but thought you guys might be interested. My wife called a TRU in Louisville and asked about the R2. The gentleman that she spoke to said that the R2 was going to be a give-away promotional on the day after Thanksgiving to anyone who purchased $50 or $100 worth of star wars merchandise - he wasn't sure which.

$50 - $100!! That's absolutely nuts!
    Powdered Toast Man!

Well here's more fuel for the fire on the R2.

I went into my local down the street TRU on sunday afternoon (oct 20th) and my old stock room manager is the new manager, so we shot the b.s. and I brought up the silver R2.

He went into the office and pulled out some info. He had listed as an initial release date of Oct. 19th. And this message was sent to them back in August or early Sept. And of course there was no additional information following that cept it was a promotional piece. Of course there were zero R2's on any of the trucks, and Mark (manager) hadn't gotten any more information about them yet, nor has he even seen one. Even the stores are in the dark, or at least my local one is. Mark has been at TRU for at least 10+ years and he's outta the loop on this one too.

He had zero information about price or what promotional piece it goes with, and he doesn't have a soild release date yet either.
    Mind you its the end of oct and if they were to arrive in nov like everyone is guessing, I would have thought more information would be out. It is sort of logical that it would be out for x-mas shopping but has anything been out when it was scheduled to be yet? Arena was late, Gunship was late, landspeeder was late.

Take it for what its worth. But that's what I got from my TRU source...not a $#*%ing thing.

Its good to know that Hasbro and Toys R Us have their stuff together going into the holiday season. Thanks tjovonovich.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Man, I have a feeling most of these are going right out the back door;(
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by turbowars
    Man, I have a feeling most of these are going right out the back door;(
    Probably. Mark said he'd hang onto a couple for me. Odds are I won't have to buy $XX worth of junk I already have. Its so much easier for them to say "Sorry, we're out".