Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is R3-T7?

Who is R3-T7?

Where is the preview character R3-T7 from. I can't seem to place this droid in any of the movies.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

R3-T7 is a droid that was originally supposed to appear somewhere in AOTC, but was cut out in the end.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

I heard he was on the landing platform in the begining. If you look in some of the older threads in this forum, there was a thread about this.

I don't care if he was edited out or not, I love that droid. He is so cool.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I agree as a figure he is definately one of the finest astromechs
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

He's strolling along as Anakin and Obi are bringing Zam out of the nightclub. About as obscure as the Nikto Jedi and Orn after the final edit.

But he's a nice army builder - for classic trilogy hangars, Queen's ship attack, or just about anything.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    He's strolling along as Anakin and Obi are bringing Zam out of the nightclub.

That was my 2nd guess.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    But he's a nice army builder - for classic trilogy hangars, Queen's ship attack, or just about anything.
    Yes he is. There is an R3 droid wheeling around in the Hoth hanger about the same color as R3-T7.

His lightining works well on R2-D2 if you want to recreate the Jawa Capture scene.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II

His lightining works well on R2-D2 if you want to recreate the Jawa Capture scene.
    Ooh that's an interesting thought.

Having all these extra astromechs makes me wish there were more bays for them in the queen's starship. Now I have to go out and try to pick up more of those harnesses for my R2-D2 and R3-T7.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

i finally spotted this character while watching my dvd ....

here's a little more information .... after obi-wan cuts off zam's arm, he and anakin take her outside the club .... as soon as the scene cuts to the outside of the club , look at the people walking at the upper portion of the screen ... there is a woman wearing bright red and r3-t7 is rolling right beside her.

you can see r3-t7 and this woman in red character up close in some of the extra footage on disc 2.
    i see through the lies of the jedi... i do not fear the dark side as you do... i have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire.

I'm sure you see him in the background around the time that Anakin talks to Watto.
    Kadamontaga
    My collections

Resolved: R3-T7 is in the lower levels of Coruscant. We've known for some time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t7.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	4442  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.