Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Accessory sets: made-up accessories?

Guys,

I'm sure all of you took a good look at the upcoming target accessoy sets. The question that comes to mind after seeing them is weither or not the accessories appear at all in the movies. I mean, take a look at the little tank from the Hoth accessory. Can this be found anywhere on Echo base? What about the strange red thing that comes with the red battle droid in the arena set? have these things been made-up by Hasbro?

If they ARE made-up, then I don't seehopw excitibng thse sets can be, apart from the Endor set.

Has anybody seen the carded single red battle droid in the US yet?

No red droids have shown up yet. I'm pretty sure this is because the first issue is still clogging the pegs.

As far as the "accessories" you mentioned. Most of them are for added play... not for movie accuracy.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The lil tank droid, I heard does appear in the background of some shots in ESB. But I have not confirmed that myself. As for the missle firing backpack included in the arena set, there are droids that have missle backpacks like that, in the Star Wars: Galactic Battleground video game.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

in the movie or not, i will still buy these sets. they look cool and you get a troop building figure. i'm not wild about the price though.
    can someone confirm if the lil tank droid is in the background shots of ESB?

I dunno if the little Tank Droid was in the movie or not, cause it seems like something that would've just wasted money to make and put in the background, but either way I think the Tank Droid will add something to a Hoth dio when next to vintage MLC-3's.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

All the little add ons make these sets fun. The more junk to play with the better!

When are these due out??

The battle droid set is worth buying for the superior sculpt as the security battle droid mold was used for it. This means it'll actually stand on its own. The accessories themselves are not that brilliant. The BD backpack is something that was originally designed for TPM. The battle droids were going to fly into battle using jetsin their backpacks. This was probably elaborated on for AOTC and discarded. but whether they have them in a game or this is just a concept design, the accessory is sweet looking. Jangos helmet and blasters i don't need having two sets already. The binders are cool and the clonetrooper rifle is useless to me having no clonetroopers. The jedi robe looks a little 'fluffy' to me. hope it fits at least one jedi figure.

The Hoth accessory is cute, how could you not like that? If you turn round and look at most star wars figures they aren't movie accurate in one way or another. I actually like the tracks on the droid most out of all the accessories. Asto the validity of the droid, I haven't seen it persoanally but I rarely watch ESB. There's no tatooine section in it so I tend to skip that chapter altogether.

Originally posted by aceguide
    All the little add ons make these sets fun. The more junk to play with the better! When are these due out??
    Supposedly July/August from Target. The price will be $9.99.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

the coolest set is either the arena conflict set and the hoth survival set, where's the set for The Phantom Menace?
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

Originally posted by -JediMaster-Yoda-
    the coolest set is either the arena conflict set and the hoth survival set, where's the set for The Phantom Menace?
    I think they left TPM off the list, because they did 8 Accessory sets in 1999 for TPM. I still need to track down the last 4 of those, now that I think of it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks