Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

EU Saga Mini Rigs?

I got the idea for this thread after reading about someone talking about how some of the accessory sets feature things not in the movies. Ever since the movies started (I suppose beginning with that Stormtrooper carrier from ANH, continuing through ESB and ROTJ with the mini rigs) small EU vehicles have been made. Even Episode 1 had a few. So, any ideas what could be (or should be) up Hasbro's sleeve for any EU AOTC mini vehicles?

Doubt they'll make any mini-rigs for AOTC since the Episode 1 mini-rigs bombed out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Vintage mini-rigs redone though, those were pretty cool, especially the Personal Shuttle.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I would like to see an AT-PT - a nice new small Imperial walker that I could actually find room to display.

We have the borderline-EU clone speeder bikes from AOTC, but I'm not interested in those.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I don't know, I don't think ANYTHING bombing would ever stop Hasbro from producing it again in the future! Maybe they could do something with the Geonosians or Tuskens. Some small wagon or transport maybe.

On the TCG there's something called a Geonosian Defense Platform or something like that. I don't remember seeing it in the movie but it looks like a huge ball with a nozzle at the end with a station for a Geonosian to fire it.

It would be akin to that horrible Jar Jar Cannon thingy.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Doubt they'll make any mini-rigs for AOTC since the Episode 1 mini-rigs bombed out.
    Two words: Epic Force

Now I kinda like some of the Unleased stuff, but the Epic force bomb out should have taught them this lesson.

So I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to do this.

But wouldn't the AT-PT be cool?

An AT-PT would rock. I dunno though, even with Hasbro "scaling back" the merchandise this time around to avoid another Episode I disaster, there's still plenty of stuff clogging pegs and shelves right now. Who knows if they'd be willing to take the risk on more mini rigs.

Good traders/sellers: pthfnder89, jjreason, bobafett07728, TK421, Lord Tenebrous, DahrJin, baby 01, Lman316, jonboy, swfreaker

They always have to do an Epic Force-like line. The mini-rigs though are different because of the differences between vehicles and figures - you can tell they must not enjoy making vehicles that much.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

iwouldn't mine seeing some EU minirigs,but i don't think it will be a big seller. I for one will buy EU minirigs or rerelease of the vintage mini rigs

I like the vintage Imperial Shuttle, One man fits in! I like the button that folds the wings up. Pretty fun toy, but Don't ever expect to see remakes of old action figures or vehicles/playsets. Expect to see repaints of toys 5 years ago to now.