Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tie fighters

Tie fighters

You know, I was wondering...How many different versions is there of the TIE fighter??

TIE bomber
    TIE fighter
    TIE interceptor
    and the one with 3 wings right???

any others?
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Do you mean the Imperial Shuttle?

Darth Vaders TIE Fighter (which has different wings to that of the TIE fighter)

Sith Infultrator (SP?) is like an old fashion Darth Vaders Tie Fighter, with the long part atteached to the front !
    Last edited by GNT; 10-01-2001 at 12:46 AM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

The TIE Defender is the one with 3 wings, it's from the EU.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What's the deal with that TIE Fighter/Tank thing? The one with tank treads instead of wings. Boy, someone was really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Another EU variation is the Chiss Claw Ship which has 4 wings which looks like an organic Interceptor but with the standard "ball" cockpit we all know and love. I want a toy of this made. They look sweet!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The tank is the TIE-Crawler, which is an incredibly lame idea. There's also the TIE-D, which are small droid-controlled TIEs produced by the World Devastators in Dark Empire.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thumbs up

You can see all the tie fighter variations in the PC game Tie fighter. In rougue squadron if u get all the medals u get to fly a Tie interceptor, if u are into it try it, so u can see how difficult is to fly one of those things, it has no shields and its so fast that its almost impossible to control. hehehe have fun!!
    As always...........L

You dont have to get all the medals for the interceptor in Rogue squadron. If you put in the password "farmboy" and hit enter, followed by then the pasword "tiedup" and hit enter again. When you proceed to picking your ship, the TIE is behind the falcon!

Speaking of which, did anybody try and fly the naboo spacecraft?
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Then of course theres the Neck TIE & The bow TIE.

That was really stupid.

Anyways, I lOVE the TIE Defender, such a cool ship!

Darth Vader's TIE is a TIE Advanced. A quick and annoying ship.
    What about that TIE ship in "Rebel Assult II"? That one can cloak and I can't quite remember what its called, something like the phantom or something.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    You dont have to get all the medals for the interceptor in Rogue squadron. If you put in the password "farmboy" and hit enter, followed by then the pasword "tiedup" and hit enter again. When you proceed to picking your ship, the TIE is behind the falcon!

Speaking of which, did anybody try and fly the naboo spacecraft?
    In the PC version, the codes are "Wookiepelt" (for the Falcon) and "Goodguytie" (for the TIE). The Naboo Starfighter, well, I still haven't figured how I unlocked it, but it's awesome!

I'll stop before I force myself to move this to Video Games.
    Tommy, close your eyes.