Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Star Wars: Tatooine Ghost

Looks like the Star Wars novels are getting back on track, so instead of just all NJO dreck, we are going to get some stories from shortly after the formation of the New Republic. This one sounds pretty intresting, hopefully the book is as good as the teaser.

The past haunts Princess Leia as she looks forward to an uncertain future. The four-year old New Republic continues to grow, as does Leia's love for her husband, Han Solo. But despite his wants, Leia is determined not to have children, for fear of the uncertainty of the Skywalker bloodline.

An artifact from Alderaan containing secret codes used by the New Republic resurfaces at a shady Mos Espa auction, and Han and Leia voyage to Tatooine to secure it. While on the desert planet, Leia finds evidence of her father's past that cause her to rethink some of her firmest held beliefs.

Tatooine Ghost, a new hardcover novel by Troy Denning, is scheduled for release in February 2003.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tatooine ghost.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	2409  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That doesn't sound too bad, haven't read anything by Troy Denning though. Glad to see that they're doing some stories for the time right after Jedi again.

You ever notice that even though Tatooine's the planet furthest from the bright center of the universe, a whole lot of action sure takes place there...
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

Holy freakin' crap in a hat!! It's about time somebody found out something about Anakin's history!! Del Rey might want to be careful mucking around in the early days of the New Republic--while I love those stories, that time period's already pretty crowded.

Nice to see Troy Denning's doing the honors. Star by Star is one of the best-written SW novels, and I think he could do it justice. (Could you imagine if this story was done during the Bantam days? Three words: Kevin J Anderson!)

So I take it the story from an early issue of Star Wars Tales showing Mos Espa deserted and the podrace arena in ruins isn't completely accurate. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Star Wars: Tatooine Ghost

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Looks like the Star Wars novels are getting back on track, so instead of just all NJO dreck, we are going to get some stories from shortly after the formation of the New Republic. This one sounds pretty intresting, hopefully the book is as good as the teaser.
    Yeah but most of the pre-NJO novels weren't that good either. The only ones I've ever considered really good were the original Zahn Trilogy. Some weren't too bad but others were just terrible.

The premise for this one sounds interesting but I'll wait and see how it turns out. Darth Shifty is right; Troy Dennings Star By Star was one of the best NJO books.

El Chuxter - is your comment about Kevin J. Anderson good or bad? To me he's always been like the rick McCallum of the written Star Wars world, basically destroying most of what he touches
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'm looking forward to this book. I've been stuck in the NJO universe for a long time. Plus I'm in the middle of the X-Wing novels, just finished AOTC and will get back to the Jedi Apprentice, Young Jedi, Jr. Jedi & Jedi Quest books. I'm also keeping up with the comics. I don't think I will ever run out of SW material to read.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

KJA was the most prolific SW author until Jude Watson came along. I liked his style, especially the way he tried to fit things together and add little details from the movies. However, the later writers didn't really do this as well, IMO. He gets a bad rep now.
    The best SW books were the trilogies, for the most part. The only pre-NJO novels (that were single books) that were good are The Courtship of Princess Leia; Darth Maul:Shadow Hunter; I, Jedi; and Shadows of the Empire.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I bet the novel is going to be great, but I can never bring myself to read them cause it may cause conflict between the book and the movies right now. I just don't want to read a novel and watch the movie to say how come this was said and it's not in the movie.

P.S. I know that these books are in between movies or before or after, it's just if they refer to anything like Anakin/Vader's past it may conflict with the movie for me. I don't know, does anyone understand where I'm coming from ?
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I doubt that it's going to contradict anything Brandon. From what it sounds like, Leia is going to come across some info about Anakin from the timeframe of when he left Tatooine in TPM. Alot of the more recent novels have been very careful about making sure they don't negate continuity. It's only when you start dealing with stories from before 1999, where you deal with the most glaring inconsistancies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Like I, Jedi--as much as I loved that book, the new info we've learned about the Jedi Order and the Clone Wars has seriously called some of the stuff into question. Like all Jedi vanishing, or Obi-Wan being from Tatooine. Never mind how Obi-Wan found enough time just before and during the Clone Wars to smash a Dark Jedi uprising (never mind that there were few or no Dark Jedi running around at that time).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yep El Chuxter, but they can be fun reads, but definatly have to be taken with a grain of salt. That's why I don't consider many of them, as not really Expanded Universe tales, but more as Alternative Universe Stories. The newer books are alot better at being classed EU though.

Some books tread really carefully, and can fit in canon, and some are just so out there, they have to be dismissed. Heck, some of the novels even negate each other. But that doesn't mean that they still can't be enjoyed, and if they fit in with established continuity, then cool.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks