Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How much do you guys wanna bet that in some Star Trek forum they're haveing this same discussion on who's the bigger geek and they're saying that we are?

It only counts if you have brushed your teeth, washed yourself and read something other than a magazine in the last year...

**Don't think that I don't believe someone is gonna come after me because of my last post here!

I'm SURE there is someone out there in TREKville saying the same about us!!!

Does any of us geeks have the time to research that one?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Hey JEDIpartnr , I agree with you 100% . Although , I've seen a lot of Star Wars fans that are gross too . There are a couple at my school like that . They don't take showers . They have rotten teeth . It's SICK!
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

I once heard a guy on the radio who was a WWF fan, and he wanted to know why, when having a wrestling match with his son, he couldn't throw his son from the roof onto a table or hit him with a folding chair. In his mind, since they were both sanctioned moves by the WWF, then he could do them without getting arrested for child abuse.

master jedi, unlike some shallow SW fans, I've never seen Trek fans ask others to judge who's "geekier". That's basically the main difference I see between hard-core SW fans who don't like Trek vs. hard-core ST fans who don't like SW, those SW fans seem more shallow and product-oriented and seem a bit more whiny. That's not to say we trekkies are perfect, we have more infighting about the various shows and movies.

BTW, I'm thinking about making my own site (not really, it's just a gag), what do you think? jtstlogo.gif
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Star Trek Guide? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I know several Trekies and have heard them say which is geekisr or something similar.

I finally saw the Trekkies show last night. Now I know that they are by far the worst out there. Scary...disturbing...but not at all surprising. I remember when the Generations movie had came out. I thought that I would go and see it at the theater. I remember being the ONLY person there not dressed for it. It was like a friggin convention. And after viewing trekkies, it just adds more to my suspicion. I know that I am bad, but not nearly as bad as they are. Of course that will all change come next year with AOTC and the Celebration!!

Live long and prosper...I think
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Thumbs up

BTW, I'm thinking about making my own site (not really, it's just a gag), what do you think? jtstlogo.gif

Thats cool JT!! By putting Jedi Tricks in the ST Guide u prove that u can be fan of both sagas. It wouldnt be the same if u had created Spock Tricks ST Guide.
    As always...........L

Trekkies is a totally biased film, meant to exploit the Trek fanbase for entertainment value rather than to show the truth about Trek fandom. Read William Shatner's "Get a Life" where he goes undercover (wearing a mask) to find out about what goes on at Trek conventions, he's much more balanced about the whole thing. There are people who are learning Huttese and worshipping the Jedi religion right now, how is that any less embarassing than the extreme Trekkies?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Awwww...come on Jeditricks! I have never heard of anybody speaking huttese! At least not to the extreme of having it being taught, spoken fluentely, and having books translated like as in the Klingon. Yeah sure, I bet that there is a couple of pyschos that try to speak huttese. But compared to the klingon language, its pale in comparision. I mean I havent heard of huttese as a college course, but there is (and I dont remember where) a college where they teach Klingon. Trekkies by far are much more extreme , thats why they get singled out the most. Dont get me wrong, SW fans can just be as bad! However, just when I think SW fans are bad, Trekkies push the limit over and over. Also as to the worshipping Jedi religion thing, as far as I know, that came out the time the census was going on. So people would put anything down, just to get rid of the census worker (who would pay visits whenever there was a delinquent person who did not file.) You know, say anything to get rid of the person. Lastly as to Shatner giving a so called unbiased opinion, I really cant accept that. Really, there has to be mediator for us to agree on. Somebody outside of the circle that can show what true trekkie fans are like. And granted you know the most wacko are always going to get the most attention, hence why if you want to be on tv. Go to a football game without a shirt in the middle of winter. Its almost guaranteed that you will be on. And also dont get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong being a trekkie, however a being a Raider fan is!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"