Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trilogy Music

Trilogy Music

Does anybody still listen to the score from the trilogy music? I know of having a bad day, nothing perks me up like the Emperors March from ROTJ! Talk about just plain evil music!!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Thumbs up

You gotta love all the music of the SW films, most of all the tune when the Executor shows up for the first time.
    As always...........L

I still love listening to the ESB soundtrack, in my mind the best soundtrack of the trilogy. Especially the Hoth battle music and Yoda's theme.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thumbs up

SW music is why CD changers were invented! Put in 3 CDs of 70+ minutes each, and you've got a whole afternoon planned! Only don't put in the Ultimate Edition of TPM in shuffle mode; it's only good to listen to it in order or it gets odd.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I like to listen to any Star Wars music when ever I get the time, theres nothing better than it!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I can often listen to the SE soundtracks for ANH and ESB, but the ROTJ soundtrack I rarely listen to and I try very hard not to listen to the Ep 1 soundtrack disk at all, I don't like the music from that film. Usually, I'll put ANH in just because it's so danged fantastic, ESB is more "mood music".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I loved the TPM soundtrack, especially the Ultimate Edition. I found it much better than ROTJ and right on par with ESB and ANH. The only song I really didn't like was "Duel of the Fates." A little too repetetive for me.

ESB mood music? What about the Imperial March or the Hoth Battle theme? Ever try listening to the Asteroid Field music while driving down the road (pretending other cars are asteroids to avoid)? Awesome stuff!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I liked Duel of the Fates. IMO it's right up there with the Imperial March.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Ever try listening to the Asteroid Field music while driving down the road (pretending other cars are asteroids to avoid)? Awesome stuff!
    You'd probably crash into another or something,if you listen to it in a car
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Why as a matter-of-fact I DO!!! I have the ROTJ soundtrack with me right now. I'm gonna put in after my Madonna- True Blue(Remastered) is done playing. I had ESB with me at work last week. It makes the day go a whole lot faster.

I like TPM as well. The ultimate edition rocks!!!

John Williams has made some utterly memorable music for these films. The melodies are so identifiable that I can hear a piece and know what part of the film it came from.

And BigBarada- I'm just as guilty as you for putting in the "asteroid field music" while cruising down the highway... I'm just a big ol' kid!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 09-17-2001 at 11:15 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**