Hybrid View

The Movie novels

Would you almost consider the novels of the movies as EU because there is so much in there that is not consistent with what GL has put in the movies. Such as Obi Wan being Lars' brother etc.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

The OT novels have definatly become sort of quasi-EU. I wouldn't mind seeing new versions of the novels that removed parts like that that don't match continuity. Owen was originally planned to be Obi-Wan's brother in the ROTJ script. That was dropped, but since the book was written and printed at the same time as the movie was being made, that part was left in, along with Obi-Wan telling Luke more about what exactly happened to Anakin.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I would love to see completely rewritten novels of the Original Trilogy books. I also think they could really get into the minds of the characters now that they know the whole story behind them. Show what Obi Wan is thinking when he tells Luke about his father. What is Vader thinking when he's firing on his own son in the trench? There's a huge oppurtunity to explore these characters in depth by writing more continuity-meshing books.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Arrow

Ah, the novelization of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope Freud Edition! Maybe if I switch to a different color and larger font, I can make my point...

THEY'RE BOOKS PEOPLE! STORIES! DON'T HAVE AN ANURISM (sp?) OVER THEM!!!!!

Ahem.
    These have been written over a 25+ year period. Perhaps no other books should be done until E3 is released then. There are going to be gaps and inconsistencies, of course.

Sorry. I have become the EU Defender it seems... But more "what was he thinking" stories would be cool, as maybe a Tales of the Minds of the Characters or something, not a rewrite of existing novels.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Maybe more personalized novels "from certain points of view..." which follows one character closely through the trilogy.

I've also wanted to see a novel about the OT from the Imperial's point of view.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    What is Vader thinking when he's firing on his own son in the trench?
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe he knew it was his son at that point. He only says, "The force is strong in this one." He never lets on that he knows who it is.

When the special editions of the movies came out the books we re-released with some changes, I can't remember if they changed the whole brother issue or not but they did make some changes.
    The Truth Is Out There - Please Insert Disk 1

-Yeah, shes mine