Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Mit_Othy
    Does anybody remember the ID4 figures, they looked just horrid (I can't recall who made them though)
    That would be the small toy company, that has pretty much been forgotten since then, Trendmasters. They also did a fairly good Godzilla toy line, back in the 90's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Mit_Othy
    Does anybody remember the ID4 figures, they looked just horrid (I can't recall who made them though)
    Ugh, puke gag and vomit, those were made by Trendmasters - who are based out of St Louis, I believe. Trendmasters recycled Voltron about 5 years ago, and also did the "Lost In Space" movie toys, Godzilla movie toys, and the Battlefield Earth movie toys. They're somewhat well-known for fairly good prototypes that transfer poorly to final products thanks to cheap tooling, poor materials, sloppy paint, a general neglect for quality control, bad assembly, and weak packaging.

JJB, "a fairly good Godzilla toy line" is debatable IMO, but the stuff they did for the movie line was partially recycled/retooled from the ID4 line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    JJB, "a fairly good Godzilla toy line" is debatable IMO, but the stuff they did for the movie line was partially recycled from the ID4 line.
    No no no, I'm not talking about the craptaculer american movie Godzilla line. I mean the ones based on the old Japanese movies. Now those were pretty decent.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, gotcha, but I think - like they did with their early Voltron waves - Trendmasters only took earlier toy designs from Japan and recycled them for the US.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.