Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Head Swap Obiwan??

Has anyone tried a headswap of the ATOC Obiwan with a TPM Obiwan? I can't get over the little metal thing around the forehead of the Jedi Starfighter Obiwan- so I'm interested in just doing a headswap. It looks to me like Obiwan is wearing essentially the exact same costume in ATOC as he wore in TPM-- so a head swap should do fine.

If anyone has tried this- and can post images- I would greatly appreciate it.

I have been contimplating this too, but what TPM Obi-Wan should I buy for the swap? Maybe the POTJ one?
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Originally posted by BoShek
    I have been contimplating this too, but what TPM Obi-Wan should I buy for the swap? Maybe the POTJ one?
    Not sure which one this would be but probably the one with the best articulation and/or sculpt so definately not the first one from TPM(in my opinion).
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

The Jedi Knight Obi Wan(soft goods) is good for the head swap trick, his body is the right size so that the AOTC Obi Wan's head doesnt look strangely small, which is what happens if you use the POTJ one or the Naboo one.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Thanks!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Has anyone actually tried this? Are the pins on the heads of the "soft goods" Obi and the AOTC Obi close enough that they will actually work with one another?

I swapped the head from the Coruscant Chase Obi and the 1st, plastic cloaked Obi from TPM and he looks great. Just watch that the neck isn't too long or that would look wierd.

Can someone explain _how_ to swap them? Can you explain 'boil and pop' to me?
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Go to http://www.ffurg.com for specific details. Here is the short course.

Boil some water in a pan. Drop the figure in the hot water and leave it there for a minute or so. Carefully remove the figure from the water, and watch for any that may have slipped into the body itself. While the figure is still hot, pull off the limbs you do not want. It takes a good tug, but if it is not working, boil it some more. To attach the new limbs, boil them again and shove the softened pegs into the holes. Sometime it helps to 'sharpen' the peg and twist it in. The soften pegs will return to their original shape if they are not worked over too hard.

A smaller, fine, flat head screwdriver also may help in persuading the limbs to go back in.

I would also advise you be carefull what kind of plastic the figure is made out of...otherwise a boil may discolor it. I popped the heads from a Hanger Duel and Peasant Anakin to swap. The plastic on Anakins trick arm (Hanger Duel) is different and discolored after the boil.