Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wedge A,

i too was wondering about eric stoltz stuff as deleted scenes.
    i heard they filmed over half the movie when speilburg gave him the boot.

Eric Stolz was hired to play Marty, and yes they had filmed quite alot of the movie by the time he was fired. The reason behind his firing, was because he was trying to play the charecter, totally serious. Somthing that wouldn't work for the type of movie that it was. They faught with him quite alot, to put some energy and life into his performance, but it wasn't working. He was fired, and Michael J. Fox was brought in to replace him. And now you know, the rest of the story.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

What's the deal with Stoltz? Who was he supposed to play?
    I'm curious . . .

I am TOTALLY in favor of that goofy blue case. At least it's Amaray-ish . . . I hate those goofy cardboard-with-plastic-trays-glued-on-top-foldout jobs. I curse WB/HBO for issuing The Sopranos like that.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 06-27-2002 at 02:24 AM.

Originally posted by Caesar
    What's the deal with Stoltz? Who was he supposed to play?
    I'm curious . . .

I am TOTALLY in favor of that goofy blue case. At least it's Amaray-ish . . . I hate those goofy cardboard with platic trays glued on top foldout jobs. I curse WB/HBO for issuing The Sopranos like that.
    Hey Caesar, as I said before he was supposed to play the Marty McFly charecter, and was later replaced with Michael J. Fox. Here is a link to still pictures that were taken of him in the roll.

http://www.bttf.com/cgi-bin/imageFol...as_Marty_McFly

And I would prefer the cardboard slipcase with plastic trays, to get decent cover art. Oh well, I will work on converting the R4 cover to a slipcover and switching it with the hidious R1 cover.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ooops, you posted that while I was reading another thread . . . this one didn't update when I came back to it.

Well, thank goodness Stoltz got fired, I wouldn't have anyone other than MJ Fox. :happy:

Will Jennifer still be seen as Elisabeth Shue and that other girl whose name I can't recall?

Without question, that cardboard box is superior aestetically, but for me it's an issue of durability. I hate getting those fragile boxes, it just forces me to switch the discs into jewel cases.

OMG!!! BTTF II is one of my favorite movies of all time!!! Thanks for the new Jar Jar, I can't waite to get it!!!!!
    Even though I changed my icon, I am still the same OneArmedJango.

Yay! If I don't get an advance copy (which I'm hoping I do since a long-time family friend co-starred in 2 and 3), I'll be there with cash-in-hand to get this set. It sounds like a real winner. I only hope we don't get some sort of lame "special edition"ing like the recent network airings where certain elements were blocked out so as not to offend modern PC ideals and terrorism furor.

I can't believe how much footage of Stolz there was filmed - so many different sequences had him in there originally!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

A little bit of bad news on the set, that I have to pass on, is what was posted earlier today at DVDReview.com. Universal with the E.T. release decided to make the deleted scenes and trailers, avaliable only on-line with a DVD-rom drive. They are planning to do somthing similar with BTTF. Though from what I understand so far, it won't be the deleted scenes.

Universal has also decided again to make several interviews, clips and other materials to be available exclusively through the Total Axess web site and not on the DVD itself.

They should just include a code printed on a card in the DVD case, if they really wanna do web only content. Then atleast the people that don't have DVD-Rom's could view the stuff.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well that's a slap in the face for the regular DVD viewer. Not everybody can afford a computer with a DVD-rom and I'll be damned if I end up paying for a DVD-Rom just to view extras on a movie.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Why is Universal doing something so STUPID! I would really like to be in the meetings where they come up with these ideas. I swear that most of the people in the higher positions of power at movie studios don't know anything. The E.T. edition makes me mad, but if they do it to BTTF then I will be REALLY upset.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."