Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Preach on SithDroid! Like I said in E.T.'s thread, if you pay for a DVD you should get everything included - not just access to it somewhere other than in your DVD player.

Bob Gale talks DVD contents

This was posted today over at BTTF.com, so I figured I may as well update you guys with the info. Since alot of people seem to be intrested in the set.

"Over 10 Hours of Never-Before-Seen Footage" explained:

One day after Universal Studios Home Video issues a formal press release regarding the highly anticipated Back to the Future Trilogy DVD release, Writer/Producer Bob Gale clarifies some of the wording in the press release to avoid consumer confusion & disappointment.

"The claim that there is 'over 10 hours of never before seen bonus materials' is a bit of an exaggeration: they're including the commentaries (there are two for each film a general commentary from a Q&A session Bob and I did at USC, and a more scene specific commentary I recorded with Neil Canton), " informs Gale. "Yes, there are over 10 hours of bonus materials, but as should be obvious to anyone, the commentaries are not 'seen'."

Bob wanted to reiterate to fans that the international versions of the boxed-set will not contain all of the bonus materials that the domestic release will have. "We are still finding more material to include in the domestic package, while the international version has already been put to bed," Gale reveals. "Universal is very committed to putting out the best possible collection of supplements for the U.S. release, so the extra few months of waiting time will be worth it."

Anyone who may be planning to hold off purchasing this new set in anticipation of Universal releasing the trilogy set again a year or so down the road as an "Ultimate Edition" with even more features can stop holding their breath now.

"I sincerely doubt there will be an 'ultimate' edition down the line, " exclaims Gale. "We're trying to make this set the 'ultimate edition', and although some of the excluded material would be of interest to true fanatics, I honestly don't feel that it belongs in this collection. For example, I looked at that Leslie Nielsen stuff [the 1989 NBC "Sneak Peek" special for Back to the Future Part II] a couple of months ago, and I can't imagine why anyone would want to watch it it's just not that good!"

Bob seems to be taking full advantage of the extra time between the domestic & international releases. He tells me that they're still unearthing materials for the domestic release, having recently found a few radio spots for all three films which will be included as well. He's currently going through about six hours of footage just from Back to the Future Part II, which apparently contains some additional deleted scenes that may also be considered for inclusion.

Christmas 2002 just may go down as one of the best holidays of all time!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So what's the story, these discs will not have some of this bonus stuff, instead only DVD-ROM linking to it online?!? If that's the case, Universal can bite me - that's just stupid when you have all the space in the world on extra discs. Why would I want to sit on my computer and download crappy-looking computerized extras when I could just pop them in my DVD and watch them in a higher quality?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    So what's the story, these discs will not have some of this bonus stuff, instead only DVD-ROM linking to it online?!? If that's the case, Universal can bite me - that's just stupid when you have all the space in the world on extra discs. Why would I want to sit on my computer and download crappy-looking computerized extras when I could just pop them in my DVD and watch them in a higher quality?
    Yeah, Universal is trying out this new idea of theirs called Total Access, or somthing stupid like that. So ET looses its deleted scenes and trailers to on-line. And who knows exactly what BTTF will loose yet. They haven't stated everything yet, but I expect to hear soon. Thankfully, so far the deleted scenes are still on the disc. I think I may end up trying to track down the old 4 disc Laserdisc version of E.T. since it will have everything.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

So what happens 10 years from now when we want to view some of these deleted scenes that we paid for? Computer technology as well as the internet will not be what we know today, perhaps to the point where we can't even access them anymore. It would be similar to issuing special images on 3.75" floppy disks back in the 80's. "All computers in the future will be able to play these."

It's nice to see that the studios are finally getting around to releasing some of the big movies to DVD. Now if they could just get around to Indy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Well I just have the Back to the Future VHS tapes and they're in great condition and the surround sound picks up just fine. You can even hear all the flux capacitator in the DeLorean!

I don't really get into behind the scenes stuff or a lot of deleted scenes. Bloopers are sometimes funny.

But for those of you who bought these DVD box sets, you must have had them for a long while now (4 years or so). Were they worth it?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think its something like $22 for the box set now, although these movies are on quite often I'd still like to own these.... or maybe Caesar could just burn them for me.

Yes, they were definitely worth it, even waiting on the replacement disc, the movie stands up so much better on DVD widescreen than VHS, you can zoom in on details you never noticed before, hear background noises you couldn't hear on VHS, and the extras are tremendous.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You know, I never did get to see those deleted scenes from ET, as the DVD-ROM link never really worked. Did those scenes ever actually exist online?
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I dunno, I've never used DVD-ROM features ever.