Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Back To The Future Trilogy DVD News & Specs!!!

These have been announced and delayed for almost 5 years, ever since DVD's first hit. It was originally going to be one of the first titles released, but due to a deal involving overseas sales, they were held off until now. Here is the confirmed specs info, and a picture of the packaging. The 3 DVD set streets December 17th, 2002. Here is the current info about the set, and there is more being announced everyday. Oh, and the best news, Minimum Advertised Price on the set, $39.99. Amazon.com currently has it up for pre-order for about $45.00. The following info, is from BTTF.com.

Region 1 DVD Promotion & Marketing campaign revealed

Over 10 Hours of Never-Before-Seen DVD Bonus Features from All 3 Movies

Over this past weekend, full specifications regarding the highly sought-after Back to the Future Trilogy DVD set for the U.S. was released to video retailers, including many of the planned features and promotions.

The following text is directly from the 8-page color brochure being issued to video distributors & retailers:

Features to Please Even the Most Demanding Fans!

All-New Audio Commentary with actor Michael J. Fox, director Robert Zemeckis and producer & screenwriter Bob Gale

Hilarious Outtakes - flubs, bloopers and antics from all 3 films

Deleted Scenes - exclusive never-before-seen footage

The Hover Board Test - the original "flying skateboard" on-location road tests

The Making of Back to the Future Featurette - a rare behind-the-scenes look at the making of the original film

“Animated Anecdotes” - see over 150 fun facts and interesting trivia while you view the films

Production Archive - interactive environment to view production photographs, original storyboards and concept art, and props used in the films

Newly Remastered 5.1 Digital Soundtracks - all 3 films presented in Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio
    ...and much more!

VHS Collector's Set Also Available

Each Video Contains different never-before-sceen bonus features including outtakes, deleted scenes and much more

Digitally Remastered

Complete Trilogy on VHS now available for the first time in 8 years

National Consumer Promotions

"Your Ticket To Adventure" Sweepstakes - Grand Prize is an all expenses paid family vacation to the Universal Theme Park of the winner's choice: Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando
    Mail-In Offer for a die-cast DeLorean Car!

$5 Multiple Purchase Rebate when you buy the Back to the Future Trilogy DVD and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on DVD

National Culligan Promotion

$4 Coupon good toward the purchase of the Back to the Future Trilogy DVD - delivered to over 1 million Culligan customers nationally!

Dedicated Back to the Future Web Site

bttfmovie.com
    AOL Keyword: Back to the Future
    Comprehensive information and breaking news about the DVD release
    Online sweepstakes
    Promotions and activities
    National Spot Radio Media and Promotions
    Drive-time on-air giveaways
    Trivia contests

Other themed promotions

The Back to the Future Trilogy will be trailered in theaters on the highly-anticipated The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers [in theaters December 18], and on video releases of How High, A Beautiful Mind [June 25], Big Fat Liar, The Scorpion King [October 1], The Bourne Identity, Spirit, Minority Report and The Tuxedo.

Television commercials will air on ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, Comedy Central, TNT, MTV, E!, Nick at Nite, The WB, Sci-Fi Channel, TBS, USA Network, UPN, VH1, and TV Land, to air during shows including Alias, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ed, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Simpsons, That 70's Show, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Angel, Will & Grace, 7th Heaven, and The Bernie Mac Show.

On-line internet promotions will take place on Yahoo!, MSN, ESPN.com, IGN, UGO, MTV.com, among others.

To answer just a few of the questions raised by this new information:

No, the films will not be released individually at this time as originally believed. They will only be available as a complete set at this time.

Yes, according to information we've been given, Drew Struzan was brought on to make a modification to his original artwork by adding Doc Brown into the scene with Marty for the outside cover of the boxed set.

It's unclear if the offer for a DeLorean die-cast car is through Sunstar. I contacted our sales rep at the company yesterday, and while the company is doing a separate promotion of the car directly to video retailers & distributors, they were unaware of any offer included with the DVD set for individual sales of the car.
    More details to come as soon as we know them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvd case.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	2428  
    Last edited by Beast; 06-26-2002 at 04:05 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

"YIPEE!!!"

It's about time!!! I can't wait to get this set - and I think I'll have to send off for that die-cast DeLorean.

Packaging could use a little work, but considering it's just the outer-box, it's understandable.

Thanks, JJB!

:happy: :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Actually, the bad news is that is the actual case. It's one big blue plastic case, with the artwork on it. It's really rather hidious and the R4 version looks so much better. But the R1 version will be the only one to likely carry the Audio Commentary. Here is a more detailed, but possibly slightly off list of specs, from Brazil. They appeared a while back. Of course the R1 version could be vastly different, but it will likely be close. Oh, and I tossed in a picture of the case open.

You may remember that a few months ago, we received a list of rumored Back to the Future DVD specs from a source in Brazil. Well, we've now received word of the officially announced specs for Universal's international release of the Back to the Future Trilogy (set for September elsewhere around the world). Keep in mind that the U.S. release is expected in December. But since the specs you see below are official, they're likely the same as the ones you'll see on the U.S. discs (or very close to identical). Here's the rundown:

Back to the Future - the original "making of" featurette, a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, all new audio commentary with Michael J. Fox, director/Writer Robert Zemeckis & producer/writer Bob Gale, outtakes and deleted scenes, original make-up tests, hover board test footage, trivia subtitle track option, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props, Huey Lewis & The News Power of Love music video.

Back to the Future II - the original "making of" featurette, a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, outtakes and deleted scenes, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props.

Back to the Future III - a retrospective look at the film featuring cast and crew, outtakes and deleted scenes, production gallery with photographs, original storyboards and props, ZZ Top Doubleback music video.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	dvd inside.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	2429  

Should've had the front of the DeLorean going into time travel and a back view on the back of it along with scenes from each movie surounding the DVD. Should be a darker blue also.

Maybe it's just a "beta" version?...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Should've had the front of the DeLorean going into time travel and a back view on the back of it along with scenes from each movie surounding the DVD. Should be a darker blue also.
    Maybe it's just a "beta" version?...
    That's sort of what the R4 version looks like. I will post up a picture of it here. As for it being a beta version of the case, sadly not. I have seen images of the displays for the DVD, and they all show the same fugly cases.

As for deleted scenes, sounds like it's gonna be loaded with them. Here is a report of someone talking with Bob Gale about all the deleted scenes, and what we can expect to see on the DVD release. So sit back, cause this is heavy.

Deleted scenes revealed for upcoming DVD release

Bob Gale discusses excised scenes located for DVD inclusion

In our continued coverage of recent discussions with famed Writer/Producer Bob Gale, BTTF.com has received a near complete list of deleted scenes planned for inclusion in the upcoming DVD release.

Earlier this month, I caught up with Bob to inquire about some of the specific bonus features that would be included in the highly anticipated DVD release in the very near future. Ever since we broke the news regarding the international releases' bonus features earlier this month, we've been overwhelmed with emails & calls from fans all over the globe wanting to know further details. Here's what we've learned regarding specific deleted scenes that will be included among the 10+ hours of bonus features:

"Yes, we've found almost all of the deleted scenes for all the movies. There are still some things from Part 1 that haven't been found, but so far, we've got Lorraine cheating [on a test when Marty & Doc visit the 1955 high school], the long version of the "Darth Vader" scene, George gets locked in the phone booth [at the dance before he saves Lorraine from Biff], and the tail end of the scene on the town square when Doc talks to the cop. And "Doc's belongings" which was in the "Secrets" tape."

"Part 2 has an added bit in the future McFly townhouse, and Marty meets Dave in 1985-A, plus the stuff that was in the "Secrets" tape [Biff erasing from existence in 2015, and Marty seeing the burned remains of the high school in 1985-A]."

"Part 3 had only one deleted scene, which was Buford killing Marshal Strickland, and that we've found as well."

Gale went on to state that the domestic version of the trilogy to be released by the end of the year will likely contain additional features than what the international version will include late this summer.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	much better r4 dvd artwork.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	2430  

They went with a blue generic box....OVER THAT?!

They must have their brains all focused on the project - someone get them to take 5 and look over the DVD packaging!

Do you know if they will integrate the deleted scenes into the movie or if they'll just be bonus features?

Originally posted by LTBasker
    They went with a blue generic box....OVER THAT?!

They must have their brains all focused on the project - someone get them to take 5 and look over the DVD packaging!

Do you know if they will integrate the deleted scenes into the movie or if they'll just be bonus features?
    I dunno LTBasker. This stuff seems to happen alot, especially with DVD's. I have seen alot of DVD's from other regions with better covers then we get. I hate especially, when instead of using the original movie poster art, they do some hidious photoshop cover job.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The R4 box is WAY better than the R1 box. That blue is hideous. Way to go there Universal.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

GREAT SCOTT...

But seriously folks, while the packaging does reek, I'm glad that this is just one more must have that's finally out. The 4Q is looking huge, with SW:EPII, Spiderman, ET, BTTF and who knows what else hitting.

Anyone know what's up with the Eric Stolz footage, I was hoping it would be included. C'mon, who cares if it embarasses him? He'll always have Mask.

Also, I thought in BTTF III Marshall Strickland was at the end during the arrest? I haven't seen the film in awhile so my memory is fuzzy.

Well I've been waiting forever!! That was my most favorite series back after SW. Now I wonder what will become of BTTF4?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!