Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

We're going to war!

8:45am EST a Boeing 767 is highjacked and crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center
    9:15am EST a Boeing 737 is also highjacked and crashed into the South Tower of The World Trade Center.
    9:45am Est a third plane is also crashed, this time into the US Pentagon.
    Baal

now up to 5 planes, is this true? I'm at work and the internet is jammed....

jeddah

A sad day for your species!

Soon the cold of night will fall, summoned by your own hand.
    Baal

all of life is war; all that changes is the location & appearance of the front lines

thus, it's important to remember that "terrorism" and "exercise of force by legitimate authorities" are mere semantics dictated by said authorities.
    it's important to remember that in the end there is no such thing as an "innocent civilian". we on this side of the fence are the beneficiaries of countless victories past and present, which inevitably meant defeat for someone else. from time to time, this is the price we'll have to pay for those advantages.
    at a time like this, it's important to keep one's vision unclouded by indignant, sanctimonious notions of the moral superiority of one's own side, and simply attend efficiently to the situation at hand. wanna do something? go donate some blood-
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 09-11-2001 at 01:13 PM.

Attached Files Attached Files
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Angry

Just in shock like everyone else. If it can happen to you it can happen anywhere. The UK has had sporadic terrorism for years but nothing compares to such an atrocity.

Yorkie.

I am sure that I speak for all the Brits when I say that our hearts go out to our US friends.

As Tony Blair said last night - the UK stands shoulder by shoulder with the US against this atrocity.

BC3

Originally posted by jeddah
    now up to 5 planes, is this true? I'm at work and the internet is jammed....

jeddah
    4 planes

1. North Tower of the World Trade Center
    2. South Tower of The World Trade Center.
    3. Pentagon.
    4. Crashed in pensulvannia (Sp?)
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

VT; "it's important to keep one's vision unclouded by indignant, sanctimonious notions of the moral superiority of one's own side, and simply attend efficiently to the situation at hand"

Quite, my sentiments exactly, but do you think they'll manage to? What I find the most shocking is that in absence of any clear evidence against O B L, he's been villified and held responsible as far as so many media stations are concerned. I understand he's glad with the strike agsints the US but are we really going to see a shoot now, ask later scenario?

Also, Bush's antics yesterday were very reminiscent of the Queen's when Diana was murdered; disappeared and a long time before a stmt came. I got the same impression from ABC and CNN last night- The American Peoeple want their Government but have not heard from Bush. At least he left SAC in favour of the Whitehouse. I think that's when I was most worried.

jeddah

I think every person is responsible for his or her own actions, and not those of actions they cannot control. That said, those who harbored, assisted, or conspired or planned with the terrorists involved in what happened should be brought to justice and made to give up names and locations of other terrorists. There's no way to bring back the dead, and if someone is already willing to give up their lives for a cause, then killing them only strengthens their cohorts, but to use these people to help stop ALL terrorism, that seems like a more appropriate action. However, only cool, rational heads should really make decisions like this, I'm just voicing my frustration and anger so these feelings do not consume me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.