Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do You Think...? (copied from...

...Sir Steve's "Poll Suggestions" thread):

5. Do you think Lucas ever could, or even wants to re-purify the SW concept, so that the quality of the story and production values would be the first and foremost consideration, as opposed to now - when the foremost consideration is the exploitation of the franchise via product licensing?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Your honor, let me present exhibit A: Jar Jar Binks, and now, if it pleases the court, exhibit B: an eopie graphically farting at the camera"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, you forgot.....

... Exhibit C, possibly the most damning after Jar Jar; the inclusion of the Mandalorians or at least the concept of them to cater to the massive cult of Boba Fett.

Or is it just me?

Perhaps I'm cynical but in Classic SW he was a bit character - Darth Maul got more of a shot at fame than Boba Fett!

jeddah

Exhibit D: Midichlorians

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Exhibit E: Jake Lloyd.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

exhibit g:

wald

"tee hee annie, you're such a kidder"

20 years later, cgi out the wazzo, and we get a kid in a rubber suit which makes santa clause vs. the martians appear to be its technological superior!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

GSJ, that cracked me up! And it's true! Wald looked freakish and crizappy, Pia Zadora looked more realistic and less horrifying in "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"! (BTW, some studio genius is doing a big-screen remake of this so-called "kiddie classic"... yikes! )

Thumbs up say no to rodian warwick "bighead" davis? ;)

the poll question's use of the word, "re-purify", presupposes that sw once had a kind of "purity" it no longer does.
    uh, what kind of purity would that be again?
    what i care more about is the purity of product licensing. specifically, a pure, straight line from the movie screen into mm ship packages

jdah: "cater to the massive cult of Boba Fett"
    -given a choice between the misguided concoction of new, jarjaresque duds or stickin with a winner, personally i prefer a Catered affair
    np: watto's wazzo, "wazoo"

To put it in other terms... You know how the two Batman movies that were directed by Tim Burton were? Dark, gloomy, dull looking (not dull boring, dull like non-glossy in textures), and just all out awesome..but then the last two movies, are very lighted, flashy, glossy, bad plots, bad choice of actors/actresses... It's kinda like that. The trilogy is like the first two Batman movies, with Episode 1 and 2 (from the sound of it anyways) being like Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Best "in other words.." example I can come up with...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"