Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is this???

what is this???

howdy, y'all. I was just looking at an eBay auction pic, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the star destroyer in the lower front-right corner of the table might be? I know this cannot be the teaser-SWAF star destroyer. Could this be a die-cast. If you read the auction fine print, the guy is only auctioning the Storm Trooper, Bongo & Destroyer playsets.

Anyone know what that AF-sized destroyer is?

Here's the link to the auction:
    star destroyer on eBay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swaflot.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	108  
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 10-01-2001 at 03:28 PM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

i'm assuming we is lookin' at............

the transforming star destroyer micro machines playset. the playset when closed is about the same size as one would expect from an action fleet star destroyer. the other playset in this line which is in action fleet scale when closed is the rebel transport. (they also made a cloud city in the same scale)
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Yeah, the big one is the transforming Star Destroyer micro-machine playset and the smaller one is the vintage die-cast 'Imperial Cruiser'
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Yeah, the big one is the transforming Star Destroyer micro-machine playset and the smaller one is the vintage die-cast 'Imperial Cruiser'
    While the larger one is the awesome MM Transforming Star Destroyer playset, I believe you're mistaken about the smaller one right next to it; I believe the smaller SD on the blue stand is merely the Galoob Die Cast Star Destroyer (the stand is a series 1 stand with the holo-foiled lettering and the ship is only slightly longer than the stand).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks, there are three Star Destroyers there. The largest which is the transforming Micro-Machine playset is in the back, the middle sized one I do believe is the vintage die-cast Imperial Cruiser and then the smallest is the POTF2 Die-Cast Star Destroyer.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Ah, yes, I dunno why, but I didn't even notice the middle-size one out all by itself, very lame of me. I believe you are correct about it being the vintage Die Cast one, "my bad" .
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Post Imperial Star Destroyer versions

In my opinion the ship in the lower front-right corner of the table is the Kenner Die-Cast Micro Collection version of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

The Micro Machines Star Destroyer/Space Fortress Transforming Action Set is thicker in the middle part and it is the one in the back (on the right end of the third row). Because it is a "transforming" action set its proportions are not perfect.

So I agree with LTB about the front-right Star Destroyer, but I do not agree with him about the smallest version next to it. I think JT is correct, it should be the Micro Machines Die-Cast version (not a POTF2 version).

Am I correct?

Ciao,
    JediGoofy
    Last edited by JediGoofy; 10-03-2001 at 07:46 AM.

That's what I meant when I said the POTF2 die-cast Star Destroyer, basically, since it's from the SW POTF2-era, it can be considered POTF2, I can't speak for everybody on that but......

Officially......

(I had to post this 2wice???)LTB is quite right - of course - and even in my post-pub inebriation (ok, only 2 rolling rocks; had to get back in time for Ally McBeeb) I could understand clearly what he was sayin'

I know whereof I speak because every time I go to the SW shop in Poole, I see (Vintage) 2 DC SDs, a cloud car, speeder and y-wing (which is very battered) for unbelievable prix's

Good news from Rittenhouse Archives, JT! Farscape been picked up by the Sci-Fi channel for another 2 seasons (wahey, 44 episodes!).

speaking of such, I watched Roswell Jnr High last night for the first time....... dire

jeddah

Now I may be bullied into giving Farscape another chance but Ally McSkinny?

I would have definately stayed in the pub and drunk every last drop of Guiness in the place rather come home and watch THAT programme (mind you I'd rather stay in the pub than do most things).

AMcB - Nay, nay and thrice nay.

BC3
    Last edited by britcit3; 10-03-2001 at 04:12 PM.