Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Portland Area Update Saturday 08/03/02

Wow two days in a row of finding lots of stuff and taking a serious chunk out of my wallet, so here is whats up-

Timeless Toys in Lake Oswego (A.K.A. Toybliss) has the following in stock-

Basic Figures:
    -Darth Maul: Sith Training
    -Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack
    -Ki-Adi-Mundi: Jedi Master
    -Teemto Paglies: Podracer

Unleashed:
    -Anakin Skywalker
    -Padme Amidala
    -Darth Vader (1 per case)

Deluxe:
    -Yoda w/Super Battle Droid
    -C-3PO w/ Battle Droid

Action Fleet:
    -Millennium Falcon
    -TIE Advanced x1
    -X-Wing Fighter

These probably won't last to long so don't hesitate if you are still missing these.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Portland OR. area finds

Latest find in the Portland area... possibly Plasticfetish!

OK Oregonians. I'm about a day or two away from deciding (or not) to move to your state... to Portland in particular. Should I? Shouldn't I? What's the word?
    plasticfetish.net

If you move there, PF could mean Portland Friendly.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

port-fetish?
    plasticfetish.net

I guess it depends on what you're looking for PF.

If you're addicted to that California sunshine you might be a little disappointed that we actually have four seasons up here and get our fair share of cloudy/rainy days. Its a pretty temperate climate though and personally I think people make to big a deal out of the rainy days. Winters are usually very mild with maybe a week of snowy weather but nothing usually stays long if you're in the valley. The summers are beautiful and if you love the outdoors there are many cool things to do year round. People actually know how to drive in the rain here too but they still need help figuring out how to use the highways.

A few other things to consider:

-The local government is a bit wacky but you should be used to that.

-The housing market is booming here. Property values have been on the rise for years mostly due to stupid laws regarding Urban Growth Boundaries.

-The job market isn't that great when compared to the rest of the country but I'm assuming you've probably got something lined up if it isn't the reason for your considering moving.

-The Portland area has the most movie theaters per capita in the US but we also have the most strip bars.

-The Portland school system isn't to hot so you might want to consider a bit of research when finding a decent area for PF junior. I'd recommend living outside Multnomuh County if possible to avoid paying higher taxes and the worst schools.

-No sales tax.

-Oregon is one of only two states left in the country where you don't have to pump your own gas. Regular Unleaded averages $2.35 a gallon at the moment so while not the best in the country its certainly better than California.

-If you're a beer drinker and a fan of Micro-Brews you'll be in heaven. We easily have the best selection in the country.

-You're less than 2 hours away from the Oregon coast and about an hour away from Mt Hood.

Overall I love Portland. Of course my opinion is biased because I was born and raised here but I've traveled a fair portion of the country and have never seen a place that I liked more. Just my personal opinion but the west side of Portland's Willamette river is a much nicer place to live than the east side. The majority of the city's crime comes from the NE part of the city but its nothing like LA.

Hope that helps PF, good luck and make sure to post your decision.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Thanks for the feedback Hellboy. You've echoed what others I've talked to have said -- and confirmed what I already know.

So... the deal is done. We're due to move up at the end of August (so little time, so much to do.) The "only" thing to work out is how we'll be financing the move itself... plus where we'll live, what school PF jr. will go to...

We'll be living in the Tualatin area for the first year probably -- giving us a while to decide if we're staying and then if we're ready to sell our house here in LA. (I am now.)

At last count, about 6 or 7 of my friends have said that they'll follow us up in the next year... so look out Portland.

We're coming up in a week to look around and do some scouting.
    plasticfetish.net

Tualatin is a great choice PF. It's about 15 minutes from downtown and is definitely considered an upper-class area. You shouldn't have any problem finding a decent school for PF jr there.

Best of luck to you and your family with your move.

Just got back from our scout trip. Found a place to live and a school for the kid. Took us two days to lock it all down... amazing. Had a lot of time to drive all over Portland and the surrounding areas. It's a great looking town... we're really excited about the move. We'll be living there by the first of September.

No sales tax is awesome!
    plasticfetish.net

First time I ever seen someone post a school and a home in the just found section.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hit a Fred Meyer in Salem. Saw nothing.
    plasticfetish.net