Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Portland OR. area finds

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Hit a Fred Meyer in Salem. Saw nothing.
    Haw!!
    You'll soon learn that Fred Meyer is a bust 9 out of 10 times PF. Targets and Wal-Marts are your best bets around here for toys.

Once you get settled if you need the 411 on which stores are the best in your area don't hesitate to ask. I've a bit of experience in this department.

BTW Welcome to Oregon. (Prounced Or-e-gun not Or-e-gone.)
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Sounds like Hellboy is gonna show you the Oregon toy Trail PF
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    BTW Welcome to Oregon. (Prounced Or-e-gun not Or-e-gone.)
    Thanks!

I can say the name of the state... but I'm sure that I'll end up pronouncing every town, river, street and neighborhood wrong.

About toy hunting, sadly, I'll have pretty close to a zero budget for a while since we've just added rent (didn't pay it before) and we're looking to buy a new car. Eh... I suppose I can dream though.
    plasticfetish.net

Portland OR. area finds

TRU (Beaverton) -- scored an AT-RT Driver and a black Clone Pilot yesterday. First time I've ever seen either of these. (Another good reason to have moved here.) They had Anakin Evo. sets, Battle Packs (Hoth, Jedi/Sith) also.

plasticfetish.net

Nice work PF.

I was there this morning and scored a couple of Clone Evolution packs. That brings my total up to three which I think is where I'm going to call it quits on this one. Well at least until the variant shows up.

They still had plenty of the Hoth and Jedi/Sith Battle re-packs but I passed on those. Plenty of AT-RT Drivers, Pilot Obi-Wans, Bacara, Crispy Ani and Mustafar Sentries too.

If you're looking for something in particular don't hesitate to post it here and if I run into it I'd be happy to stash it for you.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Thanks. Sure thing... but in all honesty I shouldn't be looking for anything right now. (Fat chance I won't though. ) I'm pretty much good 'til the new Saga2 stuff starts coming out. It'll be nice to have this little slow down time.
    plasticfetish.net

Beaverton TRU rocks pretty hard. I found a red #6 Clone and another AT-RT driver the other day (and I saw the Falcon in that new non-ROTS box), but tonight Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had a green Clone Commander and a few red #6 clones. (I left one of the red clones behind.)

Be looking for those last few ROTS figures now.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    but tonight Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had a green Clone Commander and a few red #6 clones. (I left one of the red clones behind.)
    Yeah I noticed Fred Meyer getting this wave earlier in the week also. One nice thing about FM is most of the stores get the same things around the same time. So if you see something at one store chances are most of them in the area got the same assortment. The only problem is this only happens about once every two or three months.

Fred Meyer!

There's a Dead Kennedys song, "Night of the Living Rednecks"... well it's not a song, it's a live track where Jello tells this story about being in Portland and having some problems with these guys in a big truck. Anyway, during the bit he mentions Fred Meyer and someone in the audience yells out, "FRED MEYER!" Until I moved here I'd only known about Fred Meyer from that song (which I first heard over 20 years ago.) Now... I think I've been there a billion times and I still need to say, "FRED MEYER!" when I pass one of their signs.

Fred Meyer (Tualatin) had probably a dozen Clone Evolution sets and maybe 2 Sith sets tonight.

I've never heard that song PF but thats a funny story. Sounds like FM is becoming a pretty good source for you.

Noticed at Target the other day that all of the ROTS figures had been marked down to $4.76 or something close to that. Either way they were under $5 for the first time since April. Unfortunately Target has been a really poor place to find new figures as of late.

Also a friend of mine on the east side of town said he found the new larger scale TIE Fighter for $24.95 but when I checked at my local stores they were still coming up at full price. I'd imagine most of the other Target stores will eventually mark these down as well since its geting close to reset time in the toy department. Once I find some marked down I'm planning on picking up a couple so be on the lookout if you're interested in getting these at a more resonable price.