Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Question you changed thred title; whassamattah, afeard of offendin me?

after all, if i dish it out i better be able to take it too

"the only reason you had a tape recorder back in the '70's wuz to hold the condenser mike up tight to the tv speaker to record the filmscore background muzak of the james bond films being shown exclusively on abc"
    -as announced by ernie "the LOVVVVVVVVVVE boat" andrews? "sean connery Is. . . thunderball"
    but it wasn't the Only reason we had a tapey- we also liked to perfect our cheech & chong impressions
    vt
    np: love boat theme

Re: you changed thred title; whassamattah, afeard of offendin me?

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    you changed thred title; whassamattah, afeard of offendin me?
    nah, i'm jes a user friendly moderator!

as fer offendin' youse, my dear touchmiester, i'm afraid that that's an impossibility. afterall for one to be offended, would require one to be without humour, wit, intelligence, and security in ones own self, none of which applies to you.

speakin' of touchin' a vulcan, i tracked down a copy of the recent maxim......youza! hubba hubba!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

"more into purple"

Am I missing something about this thread?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wink hey everybody! watch me make jt's hed splode like old faithful!

ready?
    3. . .
    2. . .
    1:

uh, jt? how bout makin my aVaTar just a LEEtle more purple?

wooo-weee, that was fun, eh gang? he blowed up good, blowed up Real good! so until next time, may the good lord take a likin' to ya, and blow ya up Real good

jt: "Am I missing something about this thread?"
    -nah, not really, no need to concern yerself
    vt
    np: bee gees, "more than a woman"
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 10-10-2001 at 04:46 PM.

even more purple (watch, this will be TOO purple)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Arrow actually. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . looks fine 2 me
    now, just coat its outer edges with a narrow tan line (j/k)
    vt aka big jim mcbob
    np: kool&the gang, "open sesame"
    p.s. lemme get this straight: someone out there actually bothered to Rate this thred?? i hereby give that anonymous person's decision to rate this thred ONE STAR

VT, r2dee2 & any other Colorodans(??), just a quick post to wish you and your families & friends (and everyone there) safety and peace. I hope you are well away from any hot spots.
    -- SWAFMAN
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

SWAFMAN....VERY kind of you!! Thanks. I have been taking inventory of things...just in case Have actually been considering getting this relativley new technology for saving your house, called Barricade
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Exclamation from outta the fire, vt emerges- recast? i hope not

at one point in moebius' Lieutenant Blueberry western comic, framed presidential assassin blueberry fights with the actual assassin, a prettyboy sharpshooter from back east named Angel Face, on board a runaway train's engine cab. blueb kicks him face-first into the engine's open oven door and jumps off.
    years later the horribly-disfigured, still-(though ironically now)-named Angel Face resurfaces and vows, "by god, every night i dream of how i'm gonna kill blueberry an inch at a time"

if any of us here should be worried over it's dee2, cuz she's a lot closer to it: the fire nearest here's in a rural area ~40 miles s/se of denver. on its first day- sunday- the mid-day sun here in town was filtered by eerie smoke such that it resembled a ball of molten copper- incidentally, reflecting perfectly off the outer domes of my tibanna refinery mm
    while cafe-patio-slummin that day & the next two, another gnat-sized ash would appear in my drink every 1/2 hour or so. though waiters offered to replace, a lil ash never hurt nobody, so swallow the moment's acrid flavor

"civilized man conceals from himself the extent of his subordination to nature. the grandeur of culture, the consolation of religion absorb his attention and win his faith. but let nature shrug, and all is in ruin. fire, flood, lightning, tornado, hurricane, volcano, earthquake- anywhere at any time. disaster falls upon the good and bad. civilized life requires a state of illusion. the idea of the ultimate benevolence of nature and god is the most potent of man's survival mechanisms. without it, culture would revert to fear and despair."
    -from page 1 of paglia's Sexual Personae
    she coulda added eros to that list, cuz Vulcan, Roman God of Fire has been busy on multiple fronts: far from bein some tragic casualty or hero of the rural blazes, i been chillin at my newest discovery, the syd-mead-meets-Limey rooftop patio of funky buddha & tryin to douse a Personal fire by concentrating on starin at the breathtaking, smoke-oranged sunset (which is the only reason i originally went there) rather than the equally-stunning parker posey DEAD RINGER sittin 6 feet away for the second day in a row sharp-eyed though i am (can't blame it All on the fact that i been starin into the sun ), i Really thought it could be her, so on my way out i walk up & say "Clockwatchers; Henry Fool; Misadventures Of Margaret; Waiting For Guffman; i just wanted to say you Are the alpha and omega of screen goddesses". she replied "why thank you- but i'm not sure i know what you're talking about"!
    you gotta Love that kinda cinema ignorance, beggin as it does for expert cold-season tutelage courtesy Humpmaster VT i'd be surprised if no one had Ever remarked on her striking resemblance to pp. oh well, maybe next time i'll start off by mentioning You've Got Mail or Scream 3 instead
    but playin with fire is always dangerous. for years i have been largely content in my unsentimental reptillian outlook, and have neither sought nor wanted eros. so with any luck, this ponn farr compulsion will soon pass and Not transform me or upend my life as, as jdah might put it, these things are wont to
    dee2: make sure fire stays away from your place- at least til i get down there to view yer collection lmk if need anythin-
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 06-14-2002 at 12:47 AM.

I hope to God this turns out to be a false alarm but I got a PM from VT's brother saying that he passed away Monday. PLEASE can anyone confirm this is just a hoax ? ? ?

I just got my package from him on Monday and I looked up his profile hoping it would say he was active here AFTER Monday so I could debunk this but I'm afraid this is not a joke?