Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Keeping you'r stuff mint.

Hey, I've been collecting scince 1993 (I'm only 16 years old) and I always try to keep my stuff mint. I wanted to know if any of you have any ways to keep your stuff in good shape. heres what I do.

*Keep out of direct Sun light.

*Keep away from water.

*Never pack them to tight.

*Handle with clean hands.

*Do not bend the cards.

*NEVER, NEVER open them.

I dident go to Toys R Us to day, insted I went to Ikea. I bought a lamp. Any way, I hang all my Star Wars figers up around the border on my room (the part ware the wall meets the roof) The lame is about 1 1/2 feet from the bottum of the figers. Do you guys think the heat from the lamp will mess up the bubles on the cards? I need to know.

-One

OAJ, let me know where this was intended to go and I'll move it there. For now, it's in MISC.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got a question regarding keep cards and such mint: How would one send a carded figure to keep it in the best condition possible without paying an arm and a leg?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
    I got a question regarding keep cards and such mint: How would one send a carded figure to keep it in the best condition possible without paying an arm and a leg?
    I sent one to JJB recently. I wrapped it in bubble wrap, filled the box(which was a little bigger the nthe carded fig) with packing peanuts, and taped it shut. It weighed under 1lbs. I shipped it USPO Prioity and it only cost $3.50(hey Jar, I forgot to tell you, you want the other $.45 back???)
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol

I sent one to JJB recently. I wrapped it in bubble wrap, filled the box(which was a little bigger the nthe carded fig) with packing peanuts, and taped it shut. It weighed under 1lbs. I shipped it USPO Prioity and it only cost $3.50(hey Jar, I forgot to tell you, you want the other $.45 back???)
    Sounds simple enough, one question: If I don't have the box and such where can I obtain it?
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

Sounds simple enough, one question: If I don't have the box and such where can I obtain it?
    Post office has them for sale, any shipping place near you, or got to your friendly nieborhood Wal-Mart early in the morning and ask one of the employees stocking shelfs if you could look through the boxes and take one. Empty of course .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Post office has them for sale, any shipping place near you, or got to your friendly nieborhood Wal-Mart early in the morning and ask one of the employees stocking shelfs if you could look through the boxes and take one. Empty of course .
    Thanks.

I have been looking for a place to drop this tip:

Anyone who's been lucky enough to score the Phantom Menace Pepsi stand-ups/displays (or any similar collectible), may have had some trouble storing it/them. I have a solution for you. Measure your display(s). Get the height, width, and depth. Call up your local packing and moving supply companies. Ryder and U-Haul are 2 of the bigger organizations in my part of the country. Ask them if they sell Mattress Cartons. You may also need mattress bags if you intend to store them in a location outside your home, but even if you choose the basement or attic, it doesn't hurt to get mattress bags (2 for each stand-up the same size as the carton you purchased). You are going to need something capable of hauling a mattress in order to retrieve the mattress box. I cut the box down to fit the stand up PLUS left enough excess to create flaps with which to close the carton. The mattress bags I purchased had a few holes in them from the manufacturing process. It helps if you tape those shut because once you slide the display in and tape up all but enough of a gap to fit the nozzle of a shop-vac in, you can then vacu-seal your display! Shove it in the mattress carton you cut down, and tape it shut. Slip the carton inside the second mattress bag, and tape that shut. I feel fairly safe having mine stored in my Morton building, even though it is not a moisture or temperature controlled environment. I would like some advice on pest protection though.
    Last edited by Jedi Clint; 06-28-2002 at 01:54 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

I lose...

I just happen to live in a place where there is no wal mart for about 30 miles!
    if i had my license i would be willing to drive myself there, but what a drag...
    No Wal-Mart near us... atleast we have a TRU not too far away
    "Someone get this walking carpet out of my way!"

Here's a tip I learned the hard way....
    Do not store any boxes or cards up against a painted wall.
    I recently had a shingle blow off the roof, and a leak developed.
    The water came down the wall I had my collection set up against, and wasn't noticeable for a couple days. By then it had mostly dried, and the wall's paint adhered to one of my SW action fleet boxes. It was like having a patch of dried spackle on the box.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}