Hybrid View

Talking Darth Vader Mask and Costume

Halloween is coming and my kid wants me to be Darth Vader (for the first time!) He's going to be Anakin*. So I need some good quality costume for the occasion. Any suggestions from the folks here?

I heard Don Post has a pretty good mask/helmet and the Rubie's Costume Company made a few versions of the vest and cape.

Any ideas, suggestions, and web link would be appreciated.

* I was trying to explain to my 5 year old that Anakin would become Darth Vader; so it might not be correct to have both together in the same place (causing rifts in time/space continuum?) But he thinks that's cool!

Check out:

www.jedi-academy.com

It's a site dedicated to Star Wars costumes and has a lot of good info for the beginner.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

vader costume

there are three different vader masks, from $30 to over $500.

check a few sites like vaderpainter.com or vadermaker.com or check e-bay under vader armor or vader helmets. or check a costume shop, but they'll have cheap quality vader stuff. just depends how much you want to spend.