Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't care much about the toy line, but I did like the movie. Can't wait for Two Towers. I am trying to track 1 figure down, from the LOTR's line, and can't find the darn thing. I'm a huge Christopher Lee fan, and want to pick up the Saruman figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I just saw the Saruman fig here in Boulder, Jar Jar. I'm sure it's still there. I can grab it for you if you'd like.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

There are alot of characters in the Tolkien universe, I'm sure if the line took off they would probably make figures for The Hobbit and maybe even get into The Silmarillian, which has thousands of characters. Its just that they are almost always an elf, a dwarf, a hobbit or a human, there aren't as many crazy lookin and unique characters to keep it going. I really enjoy the figures, I have the whole fellowship and a few others, but I doubt I would expand into other, less "mainstream" characters if it were to keep going.
    Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Plo Koon: Too cool for school

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I don't care much about the toy line, but I did like the movie. Can't wait for Two Towers. I am trying to track 1 figure down, from the LOTR's line, and can't find the darn thing. I'm a huge Christopher Lee fan, and want to pick up the Saruman figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    The toy line really is one of the best ones out right now in my opinion JarJar. But if you aren't a big fan of the books then I can understand that they are pretty expensive to collect, at about $8-$9 a pop.

The Saruman/Christopher Lee figure is widely considered to be the single best figure in the whole line. It's an amazing likeness. Good luck on picking one up, and if you can't find one locally, let me know and I'd be happy to get one from my local KB. They still have a few.

Originally posted by JEDIPartnr
    LOTR is on discount everywhere around here. I didn't really see much change in inventory during the peak. Tey still have most of the same figures, looking all tattered and whatnot on the pegs.
    Damn, they haven't been discounted at all in my area, and I've been waiting for the so I can pick up a few extra Orcs. How much are they going for where you are JEDIPartnr?
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Originally posted by pthfnder89
    The toy line really is one of the best ones out right now in my opinion JarJar. But if you aren't a big fan of the books then I can understand that they are pretty expensive to collect, at about $8-$9 a pop.

The Saruman/Christopher Lee figure is widely considered to be the single best figure in the whole line. It's an amazing likeness. Good luck on picking one up, and if you can't find one locally, let me know and I'd be happy to get one from my local KB. They still have a few.
    I like the line also, but Star Wars takes up alot of my extra cash, not to mention my DVD obsession. If they actually go on clerance, I may start picking some of them up, and work on collecting them. I wouldn't know if I'm a big fan of the books or not, since I have never read them. *Ducks flying bricks*

I meant for years to get around to it, but it seems that I kept putting it off. Then when they started talking about making movies, I wanted to avoid reading the books, until after I saw the movies. I am glad so far I did, because I had read the first 4 Harry Potter books, before seeing the movie, and it wasn't as good, as if I had walked in knowing nothing.

As for the offers to pick me up a Saruman, that would be very cool. I am gonna look around 1 more time in the next couple days at my local stores. If they still don't have one, I will contact one of you guys, about picking me up on. Thanks guys, appreciate the assistance.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

AOTC was very good, especially when compared to TPM, however LOTR2 while it can't compare to SW, is looking quite awesome and does have a very strong chance at beating AOTC from not having that much of a chance to do as greatly as it could've due to being released to a lesser amount of threaters, and already getting pulled from some theaters now. So LOTR2 might have that as an advantage over AOTC.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

While both the LOTR books and movie(s) are the best things to be put into print and on film, respectively, SW caters more towards the fanbase that would be interested in action figures. Even though I personally like the LOTR figures more than the SW figs.

SW figs have just been much more predominant in recent years than LOTR in general.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yeah, but what about the property itself. Do you see it having the longevity that SW has? Especially if they go back and make the Hobbit?

As far as the toy line I definately see that there are not enough charecters and that they are too big.

Jonna
    You know, I still have not seen LOTR. I would like to, but just not to the point where I go out of my way. I'll just catch it on video.

I prefer the SW toy line simply because of cost, variety, and the smaller size make collecting much easier, however, Toy Biz has done a solid job on the line, its just not something I want to drop $$ on.

As for the films LOTR:FOTR hands down beats any SW since Empire and ANH. I could easily argue for LOTR to win a best pic Oscar. As much as I love SW, I can't say it deserves a best pic award with a straight face.