Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by pthfnder89
    I'm too lazy to sell anything on Ebay so I know it would just sit around collecting dust when I got the new one.
    Yeah, I don't like selling stuff on Ebay really either. Maybe I'll just end up offering it up for trade to someone here, for a figure or two that I need.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Oh ok, no problems JT. I thought you were slapping me upside the head for trying to be an infomercial. I was just trying to say that the sources that stated that info, was greatly simplyfing the story around the books. I'll watch the DVD again tonight, and take some notes and actually post some info about it tommorow. Again sorry, it wasn't meant as an advertisment. Just a source for more info.
    Ah, gotcha. Sorry I wasn't clear enough the first time myself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yea...errr...so get the DVD...I guess

Anywho, as it stands right now, SW is King of the Mountain in terms of the 'ole action figure game. And they have been for some time now. Nothing else really comes close. (although I personally don't think its as big now as it was towards the end of POTF2 and beginning of E1.)

However, I think after SW3, things will change. I don't think they'll stop making SW figures for quite a while, but I think the direction of the lines itself will change. Hasbro may only release one wave of figures a year, and they may be drastically different from anything we see right now (think how the Spawn line is.)

I don't think the interest will be as great after the final film comes out, so Hasbro will turn the line a different direction.

The LOTR line will never compare to the Star Wars line we have now, in terms of abundance or market share, anyway.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by JediTricks
    One question BB, aren't you the person who doesn't like the Force aspects of Star Wars and the lightsabers?
    Yep, that was me; but I don't mind the magic in LOTR. Hey, I never claimed to be consistent.

Question, is this a thread about the movies or the toys? It seems to be talking about the toys more than the movies.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Yep, that was me; but I don't mind the magic in LOTR. Hey, I never claimed to be consistent.

Question, is this a thread about the movies or the toys? It seems to be talking about the toys more than the movies.
    Never thought you were consistent BB, never thought you were.

I honestly don't know, it seems to have been started about toys, but ventures into both realms.

I think SW not only changed the toy industry forever, but also gave that same industry impossibly high hopes about other licensed toys. Once SW is done being "toyetic" after Ep 3, I think the industry will shift back to GI Joe again, maybe something like Gundam as well, but it'll flounder like the comic industry did after the bottom dropped out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Star Wars figs will never beat anything, well if they were done by McFarlane Toys then they would be unstoppable. As for the movies themselves (i'll probably be linched for saying this on a SW site), but I liked Fellowship of the Ring better than EPS1. If any comparison is due.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!