Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Who out there thinks that the Lord of the Rings toy line could be the "next" Star Wars line? I've been reading a lot of articles lately that are starting to compare the 2.

star wars rules!
    lords of the rings drools!
    some reason i dont like lord of the rings i dont think is cool i never read the books but Star Wars is way better and better toys! to me anyway...
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

ROTR figures are cool, but big, and slightly more then star wars. I don't think they'll have as big of an impact. There's also less characters to make...

Re: Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Originally posted by great gatzby
    Who out there thinks that the Lord of the Rings toy line could be the "next" Star Wars line? I've been reading a lot of articles lately that are starting to compare the 2.
    Nope, not a chance. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ToyBizs Lord of the Rings toys but they won't be bigger than Star Wars.

Even the latest LOTR figures aren't really selling too well. And it took almost a year for the third wave to hit the shelves. The next wave will hopefully be out by August.

They just don't have the same fanbase behind them. LOTR obviously has plenty of fans of the books and movies, but not the toys. They need kids and toy collectors to keep their line going.

Whereas Star Wars toys are a totally different animal. There are millions of people who got into collecting Star Wars toys back with the vintage line and have been doing that for nearly twenty years. ToyBiz doesn't have that kind of history.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Jonna
    I have seen the LOTR toys and they seem really boring and drab compared to the SW stuff.

Originally posted by Jonna
    I have seen the LOTR toys and they seem really boring and drab compared to the SW stuff.
    Actually they are very detailed and they have some great accessories. Of course they also have lots of gimmicks that only work about 1/3 of the time. Toy Biz is really bad about that, even worse than Hasbro. Their Xmen the Movie toy line was totally destoryed by useless gimmicks that didn't work.

Thankfully most of the ones in the ToyBiz lines aren't that bad and some of them actually work well.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

The LOTR figures are great; but too big for me to amass a huge collection.

I have a history with Star Wars toys that goes back 24 years, that's not going away anytime soon.

No comparison, Star Wars kicks butt, while LOTR's is just left behind in Star Wars dust. Just my opinion on the matter.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

That's a good point about LOTR not having as many characters to do.

LOTR is on discount everywhere around here. I didn't really see much change in inventory during the peak. Tey still have most of the same figures, looking all tattered and whatnot on the pegs. There is no way. Ask the retailers.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**