Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Your Last Vintage Figure?

What was the last vintage SWAF you remember buying at retail/clearance before they vanished for good?

The last ones I remember seeing were clearance POTF figures at a TRU in San Diego in 1986. I was split between Barada and a Jawa, I picked the Jawa cuz I had no idea who Barada was plus the Jawa had that cool cloth cape which I've always liked.

My brother bought the Rebo Band Set on clearance that day too.

I still remember seeing that $0.75 clearance tag, especially when I had to pay $45 for a loose Barada a year ago.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Last one crap i'm trying to still get all of them, only six left though I will always remeber the last when I finally get it . I kick myself every time I buy one I had when I was A kid but played with it till it's arms fell off!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Originally posted by Sith Worm
    kick myself every time I buy one I had when I was A kid but played with it till it's arms fell off!
    I believe thats a "Regret" so post it in the "Regret" thread please
    Last edited by GNT; 09-24-2001 at 03:32 AM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Okay, maybe the title of this thread is a little misleading. I'm not refering to the last figure you ever bought, because I'm still filling holes in my vintage collection. Just the last figure you bought from the toy store shelf either at retail or on clearance before they moved on to their new home in the secondary market.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Has to be POTF, but I remember Droids and ewoks lines. The last vintage figure I bought for my collection was a windup R2.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

Last retail vintage figure I bought I think was POTF Lando General Outfit. Or it might have been the Rebo Band set for... $5 at Sears Surplus! One of my best SW deals ever! Still kept the box, too, which I didn't do very well back then.

Last SW Vintage figure I've ever bought: A-Wing Pilot a couple months back.
    Last SW Vintage figure to complete my set: Han Carbonite, in 1993 ($95, ouch!).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

In that case the last one I bought was an Imieral dig for $10.00! Boy did I get lucky the guy was selling his vintage figs he had as A kid and wasn't kept up on the prices, for some reason I feel bad about this.
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Now that I think about it, I remember seeing POTF figures on pegs as late as 1987. The local KayBee had a few B-Wing Pilots that just sat there for years. Not too hard to imagine, seeing as how POTF2 has been cancelled for two years now and we're still seeing figures warming the pegs.

Last figures i bought b4 the cancellation of the line?? Warok and Romba...i bought them in K-MART!!
    As always...........L

My last vintage figure had to be either Romba or "bull neck" Han in Carbonite. That was probably in 1986 at a Toys R Us in Columbus. I think I was on my way from Dayton (college) to a classmate's house in Zanesville.

Ah, well... I've given up on vintage... there's too much current stuff to get- and I never collected the POTF2 stuff 'cos most of it looked like it-shay!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 09-26-2001 at 03:15 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**