Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I got the Deluxe He-man & Skeletor. Skeletor is pretty cool. I can't wait for the regular villians to come out.

THUNDERCATS would rock!!!!!!!!!
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

If ljn is out of business couldn't mattel pick up the license? There's a new cats comic coming out, who's doin it?

Does anyone know the official release date for the new motu toys I've only seen them at comic shops.
    Your signature here!

Originally posted by JediTricks
    MOTU is made by Mattel, always was, it's their original license that they created from a halted Conan the Barbarian line, I believe. Thundercats, unfortunately, was not a Mattel line, the company that made them - LJN - is out of business now.
    Yes the company is Mattle, BUT it is being sculpted by the Four Horsemen now. They are former employees of McFarlane toys. I'll see if I can dig up some pis

Ok, I'm back, I only got one pic. I have more in a ToyFare Mag I have, I just gotta let my camera batteries charge up first. But here you go:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemanew.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	2748  
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 07-10-2002 at 11:42 PM.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I've seen the designs from the Four Horsemen, it's not too bad, but I don't think it'll take like the original did. BTW, the cross on the chest has been thrown out because even though 20 years ago it didn't offend anybody, now Mattel thinks it might be offensive since it's very similar to the German Iron Cross. There's more on that in the RID thread in MISC though.

Slayer, it's not quite that easy, though LJN is out of business, it's possible that the license was auctioned off as part of LJN's liquidated assets. However, I hope someone finds the license and is able to USE it soon!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked up the basic figures (except Merman, who wasn't there) and the two cats (Panthor and Battle Cat) this morning at Wal-Mart. They also had the talking figures, but I'll wait on those.

Basic figures: $8
    Cats: $12
    Talking figures: $10 or $11, I don't recall

For those keeping score, it looks like Panthor is one per case (with three Battle Cats). In the regular figures, He-Man and Skeletor are very common, with one per case of the other fellows.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

These things are incredible!!

I think in the battle of my wallet, the Simpsons just lost out big time. If Star Wars wasn't, well, Star Wars, it would've just lost.

I plan to get all of these! I don't know which is my favorite; they're all so cool!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I just picked up He-Man and Skeletor at Wal-Mart today. These are awesome! This is looking to be a very promising line indeed!

(BTW El Chuxter, your avatar and signature kill me! LOL!)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

How about some detailed reviews; and also, how many found the original "Iron Cross" figure and how many found the new "asterisk" figures?

I definitely want He-Man and Skeletor, but I'm not sure about any of the others yet...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here's my brief review of He-Man...

- Sculpt/ Detail: The sculpt of the figure itself is impressive. The muscles sculpt and armor are a work of art. As JediTricks mentioned about the symbols of the armor, I have the 'asterisk' version. The feet and loin cloth-thing are well painted and highlighted. He-Man's hair sculpt looks worlds better than the vintage one.

- Articulation: 6 points of articulation. He has ball-socket shoulder joints, that work very well. The legs don't articulate accept at the thighs, the legs articulate well. They can spread out and go up and down so he can fit in vehicles or Battle Cat (I'm assuming they are going to make him). He also has waist and wrist articulation.

- Playability: Mattle made a great figure that anyone can play with. He can be posed in a number of ways and hold his accessories very well. The best part is the fantastic detail and that you can actually play with the figure!

- Accessories: He-Man comes exactly what he should come with. The Power Sword, Shield and Axe. The sword is my favorite, it swivles at the base making an X just above the handle. The shield has a bar in the back that slips into He-Man's hand. The Axe is big and not a sissy weapon unlike the vintage version. There is a little loop in the back of He-Man's armor where you can store the sword or axe if he's not using it.

OVERALL: Wow! New Masters of the Universe figures! Detail! I'm beyond impressed by Mattlel's craftmanship. When I think of Mattel, I think of babie toys. This looks to be a very promising line and Mattel could really take this line off.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Rest asured that some toy company has the rights to Thundercats. With the resurge of all the popular 80's toy lines it won't be long befor we are bombarded with all the great old toys (i.e. Thundercats, Mask, Silver Hawks, M.U.S.C.L.E ect). Not that I'm complaining, but I like ice cream just not a gallon at a time .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.