Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    A resculpt of Moss Man would be sweet! I loved that figure, that fuzz was so cool!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I would like to see MossMan remade as well. However, after seeing the new Teela figure, I am definately getting that one. That thing is too sweet!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

This is just complete curiosity, nothing more, but why does everyone want Moss Man remade? If you go to your local close-out store, I'm sure he's still warming pegs! (Seriously I remember seeing him in giant numbers as late as 1994!)

I could pass on Moss Man, Stinkor, Leech, any of the characters who were completely gimmick.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I could pass on Moss Man, Stinkor, Leech, any of the characters who were completely gimmick.
    Weren't all the figures in the He-Man line, completely gimmicked? Twist and punch action, cyclone action, chomping action, etc. etc. etc. That's how I remember the line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The new Masters figures kick MAJOR booty! I also can't wait to get a new Moss Man AND Stinkor! Those two can't be released soon enough, in my opinion. While I wouldn't mind having the original versions, I'm really dying to see the redesigned versions! I also can't wait for Buzz-Off, Clawful, Man-E-Faces, Ram Man (coming soon, I know! Just not soon enough!), and Roboto!

I'm I alone in hoping that Mattel manages to secure the license for Thundercats, and letting the Four Horsemen run wild with those figures too? Hopefully in the same scale and style as the new MOTU too.

Actually that's what Mattel would do if they were smart. In my opinion, right now, Thundercats has more mass market appeal than MOTU, Thundercats has been replaying on cartoon network for a few years and I have a few small cousins who know all those characters etc, It'd be smart to bust them out with the new he-man stuff just for overall appeal to both people like me, a 80's child, and younger kids who still remember them. I'm sure that will change when the new MOTU is airing 3 times a day though.
    Your signature here!

I got Battle Sound Skeletor yesterday. So here's my thoughts:

Another great Horsemen sculpt. The new Skeletor is more menacing than his classic counterpart, the yellow and green highlights used on his face don't seem as comical, in fact the green gives it am appearance of rotted flesh.

The vac-metallised armor has a demonic face carved into it. the red paint used though can come off a little too easy. I also can't help but wonder how the armor would've looked with a purple duco. The detailing on his shin greaves is excellent and the horned collar is a nice touch. Though I did feel the horns protruding from his hood were a bit much.

Another nice touch to the sculpt is that Skeletor is smaller in build compared to He-Man, though the electronics on this figure necessitated the torso be top-heavy. Another problem I have with this figure, which may just be with mine, is the leg joints being loose. To get him to stand he has to lean back, it still doesn't take away from the aesthetic.

Another thing I don't like about this figure is the weapon loop on the back of the collar. Accessories can only sit horizontally which looks wrong. Not that you're likely to use it too much as all his accesories can be held in his hands. Which leads to another problem.

The swords, they don't seem to stay together too well, I spent ages trying to get them to stay together and even now they're tentatively hanging on together. For those that don't know, Skeletor has a sword that splits apart, one side the hilt is colored purple and engraved with dark paraphernalia, the other half has a bronze hilt and is vaguely fashioned in the likeness of a falcon. The Havoc Staff is an awesome accessory though, a long purple staff ending in a pearlised ram's head adorned with bronzed horns. It can also be used to aid Skeletor in standing it is so long.

There are two main selling points on these deluxe figures (Skeletor and He-Man) and that is the commemorative episodes they come with and the voice chips embedded within. Deluxe Skeletor comes with the episode "The Problem with Power". As for the sound chip only one line is stored on it followed by a 'clang' sound. This is activated by a very inconspicuous black button on his side, unlike the Hasbro Saga gimmick buttons which interfere with the figure's sculpt, you won't notice much the button that activates Skeletor's line (Eternian will be mine! Heheheh! clang). The 'clang' can also be activated by twisting his waist. For the voice chip Mattel commissioned original voice actor Alan Oppenheimer to record the line, problem is that the sound reproduction isn't that good and I wouldn't have known who voiced it had I not known prior to possessing the figure.

It might seem as though I've torn into this figure far more critically than my regular He-Man, but the truth is that BS Skeletor's flaws are minimal and take away nothing in my enjoyment of the figure. The sculpt is amazing and the figure looks fantastic. In my books, on an overall scale he loses a couple more points than He-Man, but not by much. Another job well done.

Off topic, if anyone here is going to the Comic-con this weekend and may be able to do me a favor, could you please PM or e-mail me?

Thanks
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

ARRRRRGH!!!!

I thought I had 'em all, and there's a second Battle Sounds He-Man! It seems to be shipping in equal numbers with the first, and is a little too different to be a variant, methinks (though I'm no expert on variants).

The original BSHM had silver metallic armor; the new one has gold. (Second version looks much better.)

The original shipped with "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" on VHS. The new one ships with an episode with the word Dragon in the title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter, I think it's the planned variant for the first assortment of figures. Just like the next wave will have a variant Mechaneck. Just another way to sell extra figures, to die hard fans. Hmm, I wonder if they will make one of the Samurai figures as a variant, just to tick people that are mad having to buy them now.

Oh, hit the jackpot today. I mentioned in the other thread that all I could find at Wal-Mart was 1 Skeletor, and TRU had like 8 Skeletor's yesterday. I had to pick up my DVD's today, so I stopped at KB Toy Store, to find 2 measly He-Man's. Finally ended up stopping at Target. They had 5-6 He-Man's, 5-6 Skeletor's, 2 Stratos', 2 Man-At-Arms', and 2 Beastman's. I grabbed a Beastman, and will likely pick the others up later. Still no Mer-Man.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 08-06-2002 at 05:40 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    ARRRRRGH!!!!

I thought I had 'em all, and there's a second Battle Sounds He-Man! It seems to be shipping in equal numbers with the first, and is a little too different to be a variant, methinks (though I'm no expert on variants).

The original BSHM had silver metallic armor; the new one has gold. (Second version looks much better.)

The original shipped with "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance" on VHS. The new one ships with an episode with the word Dragon in the title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.
    It depends on whether or not you want the cartoon and/or you think the paint job is worth it. I don't know if they are still doing it but Toybliss.com actually gave customers the choice of which one they wanted to order. Though they didn't mention the different armors they listed it as w/Diamond Ray... or w/The Dragon Invasion.

There was a thread started on He-Man.org a while ago on where new toys were being sighted, so if you're having trouble finding what you want I hope this helps.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=16327
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"