Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Battle of the video game systems, yet again...

Well Playstation 2 has come and made whatever impact it was going to make.

Now we have XBox and Gamecube coming out. Personally I think Gamecube will be a nice system. Everything about it is small, so it won't take up much space.

XBox, I'm curious to play it for sure.

I remember back when it was Sega vs. Nintendo *sigh* back in the day...
    What do you guys think about this "mess"?
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

What mess? A little bit of competition is a good thing, though I'm no fan of Microsoft and their business practices. Now Playstation 2 is going to drop to a more reasonable price. We'll see if the Xbox will live up to its hype, but I bet it will drop significantly in price over the next 6 months.

As for me, my kids still have not mastered the controls on our Nintendo 64, so I don't plan on buying a new system any time soon, but if I ever need a 2nd DVD player...
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

I'm planning on buying a Gamecube for one reason and one reason only: Legend of Zelda!

The other systems can go rot on the shelves for all I care.

Gamecube impresses me WAAAAY more than Xbox or PS2, and some games interlink with the Gameboy Advance which sounds really cool. I am tempted by Xbox because of what it's rumored to be able to do and who's onboard, but I'm not a fan of Microsoft and it apparently no longer plays PC games, so I'm not totally sure I'd be willing to get this one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Are any of these systems going to put out a HDTV signal? Does PS2 already do it? Is the Gamecube going to be able to play DVDs?
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

The real Gamecube will not have DVD technology. The disks it uses are much too small anyway.

But I read in a gaming magazine that Panasonic will release a Gamecube with a DVD player.

My personal opinion. XBox is going to suck. That won't keep me from trying it out though. But I'm all for Gamecube. Nintendo, although they do "kid" games, I find them most enjoyable. Most have vibrant colors and nice puzzles.

Besides, I also heard that all the Resident Evil games will be redone and put out on Gamecube. Weeee
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Thumbs up History repeats again

I remember the system wars... (8-bit) Sega Master System vs. NES, (16 bit) Sega Genesis vs. Super NES, (and Turbografx 16 too) in those days there was a system far superior than the mentioned above...it was the SNK Neo Geo, but the price on this system was also his doom.

Now we have PS2, and Game cube and XBOX are coming out, it will be the same again, the XBOX is waaay better than the PS2 or GC, but the price is not going to help them, it will be interesting to see the third party companies that will support this system though.

Me...im buying the Gamecube!!!
    As always...........L

I've always been partial to Nintendo, so it's Gamecube for me. Plus, bigbarada said it all, Legend of Zelda!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

XBox is going to suck because it's put out by Microsoft.
    The Gamecube is gonna rock!!!!
    If XBox does as well as, nearly as good as, or even better than the Game Cube I will personally hunt down and destroy Bill Gates.

Hey Lobito, I still have my Neo Geo (the original-release one with the arcade sticks), IMO, it's the best non-polygon-based home console system out there. I got a job at the local video store as a teenager, and my first 2 paychecks (plus my employee discount ), paid for this awesome deck. Back then, I had ALL the systems, but consoles don't do it for me these days in the same way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.