Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

End of POTJ.........begin the Star Wars....

Maybe I missed it, did Hasbro say anything about the change over at the Chicago convention? Are the figures shown (Rebel Trooper, FX-7, etc.) the last of the POTJ line AND, as history will recount, going to be VERY HARD to find (everyone got thier Death Star Troopers, Ree-Yees, Space and Dark Troopers and the Fan-Club 4 with no problem?)? OR, are they to be the first of the new line that will also incorporate the EII figures (and probably the preview figures as well)?
    Did they also narrow down the probable release date for the Wal-Mart exclusives? "Fall" is almost here.....

I think POTJ will be around for awhile yet,after the EP2 figures are out on their cards probably near christmas EP2's line would prbobly join the POTJ line and then Hasbro could drop the POTJ title so it's just "Star Wars" on the cards

Just My Opinion!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I think that the line will last, much like GNT said. The lines will probably just be incorporated much how like Episode I was.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Hasbro's official party line is that the two lines (EP2 and POTJ) will "complement" each other. I take that to mean both will be in stores simultaneously. Which is a good thing. Twice as much shelf space for Star Wars!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Do you really think that the store will devote that much shelf space to STAR WARS product after the E1 glut? I am kinda scared that they won't. Even with a movie in the theatres, it looks as though the retailers will be shying away from loading up the shelves with our favourite loot!

Oh, well... let's just hope that doesn't happen! I can just see it now... both lines running and the movie comes out... Mr. Retailer says, "Oh! That one reads 'Episode II'- We'll just carry THAT one!"
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Call me old fashioned but I think Hasbro should have done this years ago. With all the title changes for the line it's pretty difficult for people to keep up with, especially those that are trying to get into StarWars toys for the first time. If you think about how crazy things have gotten in this hobby over the past few years it's understandable why our numbers have dwindled so much. I personally wouldn't even try to start up collecting in this stage of the game.
    "Care for some gopher?"

aLLOW ME TO CLARIFY...

i'VE READ ON OTHER SITES THAT THE POTJ LINE IS SOON TO BE NO MORE, REPLACED BY A UNIFIED LINE UNDER THE GENERAL TITLE STAR WARS.

MY ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS TO SEE IF ANYONE KNEW ABOUT THE CHANGE, OR IF HASBRO SAID ANYTHING OVER THE WEEKEND.

IF TRUE, WHICH FIGURES WILL BE THE LINE-ENDERS AND HISTORICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GET?

I have a bad feeling about this...lets hope that if hasbro changes the name of the line, the last figures of TPOJ are not impossible to find.

line-up

I think the line should just be Star Wars.

After all this is the same universe we're talking about no matter what time line it is. The use of EpII or the like does help to distinguish itself from the rest of the line so in a movie year this would be prudent but after that they should just be incorporated.

What do you think?

Exclamation A Whole New Host of Problems...

...at least for the completists out there. I can just see a windfall of new card variations and the like. Thank the maker I open all my stuff!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!