Page 120 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2790
    The "close-up" shot looks like a boob.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Hehe. He said "boob." That was cool.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Cool pictures and I love sparring and paintball! And Congratulations on your wedding as well.
    Thanks Ty!

paintball always makes me think of laserquest. god i loved that. mostly coz it didn't hurt and i got to sneak round in the dark and pretend to be a crack shot sniper. big fun though. do they still have laserquest anywhere anymore? it seems to have died a death here.

They called it Lasertag and I remember playing at different locations. Sometimes guys had clubs that provided a lot of equipment. Other places charged a fee and had an obstacle course through different environments.

I prefer paintball however, because you seriously know when you get shot and you also had to gauge your ammunition and act accordingly with it - such as timing, ranging, and conserving cover-fire etc. I used to always worry about how much ammo I was expending and if I maintained ranging correctly when I used cover fire to protect my own or my squadmates' advances. It definitely had a real combat feel. The actual military uses paintball practices to simulate combat situations. I think it's as real as non-lethal gun combat gets.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

yeah well i don't approve of real guns. I'll keep my reasons to myself though. it's precisely the fun aspect and non combat aspect of the laserquest experience i liked. I liked that i could go in there with a bunch of kids and have a cool time running around playing a game. not to mention it's the closest i'm likely to get to being a sci-fi action hero.

and unfortunately as i've experienced paintballers are not kind to the environment even if the paint is biodegradable paintballers tend to mess up the place and trash the plantlife. but i've no objection to urban paintballing. derelict warehouse type environment. I just hate seeing woodland getting smashed up.

anyway, enough of this it's a picture thread.

We've still got several Q-Zar (lasertag) locations here in the bay area, though they don't seem to get nearly as many customers as they did about ten years ago.
    If it makes you feel any better Daddypants, the paintball field I go to has pretty strict rules about not damaging the natural landscaping and not littering. In fact, I'm pretty sure the people who run the place have done very little, if anything to change the natural layout and foliage of the field. It all looks pretty natural, with a few manmade barriers added in spots that were already clear of foliage. That's actually the main reason I like playing there as opposed to any of the other fields around - it looks like a real place, as opposed to something designed.

we have a wooded area local to us that some dude wanted to use for paintballing, he got his *** handed to him though because it was discovered the last place he used got trashed completely. Plus these woods have only just recovered from abuse by BMX yahoos in the 1980's. I'm not a zealous conservationist by any means but some of those guys see a nice healthy wooded area and then want to run 4x4's over it and paintball teams and god knows what else and there are plenty of spaces out there much more suitable, less delicate and exactly the sort of place you can trash and it won't matter. like i mentioned, abandoned factories and warehouses make ideal locations. even an old moored ship.
    not having a go at you Roojay in any way. was just a general moan about 'some' inconsiderate people.

Anyway, latest picture. forgive me looking rough. had to use the webcam coz i had no charged batteries for the camera. the webcam hates me but the camera loves me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image001.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	14935  

Think nothing of it my friend - I was never offended, just trying to be a bit reassuring.

...and did someone have a birthday that we missed? No, you don't look 39 at all; you can't be serious about that, can you?

All this talk of paintball makes me eager to post my pics, but I have to wait about a week or so to get them. Though they won't be about paintball, rather Airsoft. Took some proud pics of myself with my P90 and USP Compact airsoft guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It definitely had a real combat feel. The actual military uses paintball practices to simulate combat situations. I think it's as real as non-lethal gun combat gets.
    Stay tuned.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"