Page 185 of 282 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2816
    The other day I was looking at the grayish ploom on top my head, and it looked even more gray than it has before. I said to myself "God I look old like George Lucas"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8145.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	17403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8146.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	17404  
    Last edited by bobafrett; 05-13-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Spelled George wrong
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Haha. You DO look like George Lucas. That is not a bad thing though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Caesar, I would ask for a recent picture of you. I need to do something with it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Caesar, I would ask for a recent picture of you. I need to do something with it.

Say what?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Oh, there are so many inappropriate responses to that one. Tycho, you left yourself wide open with that post.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know. I know. I was thinking of doing some work with Photoshop.

I still haven't taken the time to complete my masterpiece of JediMasterGuyute eating human babies.

i've stopped taking pictures of myself coz i'm going grey and my hair is receding and i look older than I want to look. from this point on I will rely only on ten year old photos. i will become a recluse like howard hughes and therefore remain young-ish in the eyes of the world. i will conveniently forget my real age and make up some random year of birth like 1976 because it was a nice summer that year. then in a few years I'll retcon again to 1980. by the time I die i'll be in negative years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Congratulations, but meaning no disrespect (I had to wear a cap & gown for my college graduation, too) - don't those look like the dorkiest outfits?

I did my best to refuse to smile in my graduation pictures. I tried to look as solemn and serious as I could, but they caught me with a grin or two.

I wasn't going to walk through the grad ceremony at all - but it was important to my family. I'm glad I did it, looking back, as it wasn't too long after that my mother died. I know that she was very proud at my graduation and it was worth it to make her happy, even if I did look a bit silly in that get-up.

I still haven't taken the time to complete my masterpiece of JediMasterGuyute eating human babies.
    Oh, no worries dude, we felt more or less like Hogwarts wizards than dorks in our outfits. There were constant Hogwarts jokes being tossed around before and after the ceremony.

Now, why would you NOT smile in your grad pictures? I was happy as hell I completed both of my degrees.

and they taste of chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Congratulations on your accomplishment, JMG!

I'm envious. I never finished my studies for my Master's (I was working on that when I attended the University of Madrid). I'm sorry I never followed through even though time and, of course, money became an issue.

Is there a PhD in the future for you?
    Many thanks!!

Money was somewhat of an issue with me. I've always had to take out loans at some point, but I landed an Assistantship, so I was teaching freshmen comp and taking classes, so they paid for my tuition. I just had to cover general fees, books, etc. Luckily, I was also paid every two weeks for teaching, so that helped.

And I think i'd like to go head to a PhD, but not right away. The Master's program was pretty grueling, especially last fall where I taught two courses, took three myself, and prepped for my MA exam, which was a test over 22 texts from Chaucer to Toni Morrison. It was hell. I'm looking for a teaching position right now, but a PhD is more than likely going to happen in a few years, mainly because I can get a lot more money and tenure if I have that damn "Dr." in front of my name.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

TENURE

.....that golden word! Especially in the academic world as you know. It almost has the same meaning as "kevlar" !
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!