Page 220 of 282 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2816
    I bet right after that pic was snapped, you said half of a witty phrase, turned around, looked up and finished the phrase as you put your shades on, then The Who started blaring as we all were treated to a montage of the city shot from AWESOME angles- MAN what a job- also all's you gotta do is drive around aimlessly for roughly 40 minutes (maybe more if it's a 2-part cliffhanger) cos you know you're gonna solve it in the last 10 minutes anyways, unless it's that stupid diorama guy...
    Iso&Baws&topes

In all seriousness I have spoken to TeeEye7 a few times and the horrors he has faced WAY too close-up are many and mind-blowing- I am NOT trying to make light of his excellent work, that pic just made me run a funny scene in my head
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

We do express a lot of dark humor on occasion while on scene. Especially if it's a bad one. It's a way of dealing with the stress and unpleasantness. So, mabs' little scenario is appreciated! (Although he forgot to mention all my female colleagues in their slinky, low-cut garb ).

BTW: If you were wondering, I'm in the Vaderesque attire. My unit is permitted to wear plain clothes or uniform. For me, uniform is cheaper and more durable given the types of locations (urban and rural) we end up working. Street clothes don't last near as long as a pair of boots and BDUs.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Here are a couple from the trip to the Wright Brothers Memorial earlier this afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0768.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	21038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0778.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	21039  
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Here are a couple from the trip to the Wright Brothers Memorial earlier this afternoon.
    I really liked that place. Went there a decade and a half ago.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Interestingly enough, I'm supposedly (based on what I've been told growing up) of some distant relation to the Wright Brothers on my dad's side of the family. Never really looked into it much though as I don't know much in regards to looking up one's genealogy. Probably should get around to doing it someday.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Interestingly enough, I'm supposedly (based on what I've been told growing up) of some distant relation to the Wright Brothers on my dad's side of the family. Never really looked into it much though as I don't know much in regards to looking up one's genealogy. Probably should get around to doing it someday.
    That would be the "right" thing to do, LM!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Jealous I am.

<--- pilot and never been
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port View Post
    Jealous I am.

<--- pilot and never been
    Just open a bicycle shop, then. Or adopt a brother and name him either Orville or Wilbur.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    From the best I can tell, my first submission to this thread was on page 47, and as I was going through some of the pages I came to realize

1. There are a lot of names that are registered that I haven't seen in a long time
    2. R2DEE2 was still alive
    3. My mom was still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It isn't JT because the mouth isn't moving slightly open. (yes, that should happen even in a still photo).
    Yeah, I'm glad someone understands the true nature of the hologram!

But I am quite impressed how you got each person to hold up a transparent name sign in front of them while posing. And, the most pressing issue: who took the photo? Stilla? DeckardSmith? Jargo? runeorkloon? : stupid: Just some random person?
    I am not some random person. And it took those guys 4 photos to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I don't think he would wear something like that, but I have to say you delivered on your promise sort of with the head of JT...burn!
    He stole my idea from when I started SWC:
    http://www.swcollecting.com/photo1.jpg

Figrin and Chux don't look at all what one might picture in your head after all these years
    I totally agree, especially after last year when I saw them, they don't look anything like I remember them looking last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I just have assumed that everyone looks like their avatar.
    Maybe some day when your avatar isn't so hard to make out...

I'll bet JT took the picture.
    Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Here I am with one of my colleagues on a homicide case we worked yesterday afternoon (and far into the night). The media always gets our best sides.
    Flattering! What is that shirt the other guy is wearing though? Is that a color, or some sort of all-over stain?

5 seconds after that was shot, did someone say something quippy in total deadpan and put on their aviator sunglasses as The Who loudly screamed the opening bars to "Won't Get Fooled Again"?

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    I bet right after that pic was snapped, you said half of a witty phrase, turned around, looked up and finished the phrase as you put your shades on, then The Who started blaring as we all were treated to a montage of the city shot from AWESOME angles- MAN what a job- also all's you gotta do is drive around aimlessly for roughly 40 minutes (maybe more if it's a 2-part cliffhanger) cos you know you're gonna solve it in the last 10 minutes anyways, unless it's that stupid diorama guy...
    Iso&Baws&topes
    SON OF A BITH! I really need to read ahead before posting.

Friggin' rad! And you got the whole flight-path path into the shot as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Friggin' rad! And you got the whole flight-path path into the shot as well.
    Total distance of that first flight? 852 feet. I also have a picture taken from the marker, facing back to the big monument, like in J&H's pic.