Page 272 of 282 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2813
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Thanks; it'd be embarrasing to describe. :noemoticon:
    But it has a piece bonded to cover it, so I don't dress as Alfred E. Newman each Halloween.
    Ok, well now I'm just going to assume you were trying to eat a hammer when your folks hit a pothole.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Can I combine the options and say you lost your kidney in a knife fight at the children's hospital? That would be totally bada...badbutt.
    Only Adult Swim's Childrens Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I think my parents might disagree with you on that one. :snarkey:
    That's not the kind of excitement we're talking about!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Speaking of the kidney transplant, Josh, I mean Tycho and I celebrated 4 years since our surgery this past Sunday. Here are a few pictures from that week 4 years ago, February 3rd, 2009
    1st Me ready to go get prepped and put under
    2nd Sometime just after the surgery with my wife, Robin
    3rd Me and the Doctor who removed my kidney
    4th "show your scars" and so I will!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy (2) of Surgery week 034.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	27124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy (2) of Surgery week 039.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	27125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Surgery week 067.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	27126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The patient and his surgery cut.jpg 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	27127  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The doctor is Dr. Randy Schaffer, who in my post-transplant care became the closest friends with amongst the medical staff that helped us.

Dr. Schaffer was not too long in becoming my batting coach when I got to play with the San Diego Padres - a huge testament to how well the surgery worked.

And more over a huge testament to how much Barry's gift meant to me and my recovery. What a sacrafice he made and the most admirable person to ever have touched my life.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    Speaking of the kidney transplant, Josh, I mean Tycho and I celebrated 4 years since our surgery this past Sunday. Here are a few pictures from that week 4 years ago, February 3rd, 2009
    1st Me ready to go get prepped and put under
    2nd Sometime just after the surgery with my wife, Robin
    3rd Me and the Doctor who removed my kidney
    4th "show your scars" and so I will!
    AAAAAH That last picture is a doozy! Doesn't get much more "post a picture of yourself" than that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"AAAAAH That last picture is a doozy! Doesn't get much more "post a picture of yourself" than that."
    Ya, I don't usually share that picture, but when I look at the scar in the mirror these days, it is hardly even there!

And Josh has been doing everything right as to take care of his kidney, and has been doing wonderful things to give back and assist others.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

It's a very intimate photo as well as being graphic, but it tells a massively significant story too so thanks for sharing it. Also, glad to hear the scar has healed well, and of course that Josh has been using your gift of life well rather than just using it as a bookend.

Man, we still need to get you out to Comic-Con one of these days.

DrE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	27211
    This is me on Christams Eve 2010 with my then-girlfriend but now wife.

DrE
    Attachment 27212
    Me, Becky, and Otto

uh, that's us sideways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	27215  

You look so sideways, Evazan. That's so great that you got that whole "wife and kids" thing going on, Otto looks utterly transfixed by the camera.

Also, why are you rollin' a new account?

DrE
    Thanks, JT. The last 4 years or so have been a real blast, with lots of changes. As for the new account, I dropped comcast a couple of years ago and they just deleted my acct and I wasn't able to save my emails (like my SSG password). It was just yesterday that I saw here a FAQ about changing ISP's. Duh! Anywhoos, is there a way I can reclaim my old account?