Page 199 of 282 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2813

Pardon me while I butt in.....

Very cool pictures, J&H! I especially like the camp photos with the period dress.

We have reenactments in my area, too:

http://www.forttejon.org/

I love all of us history nerds here at SSG!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That is a cool website TeeEye7. I am looking at it now.

Here is the website for Fort Branch if anyone is interested:

http://www.fortbranchcivilwarsite.com/

I like the Civil War, but it is not my absolute favorite. I absolutely love the Revolutionary War and the battle for Texas later in the early and mid 1800's.

I actually joined up with the 6th NC Regiment (a Revolutionary group) to do re-enactments. I am a member but have not been in an actual event yet. They do things all over the place, and with my teaching schedule it makes things complicated. The guy who runs the group has been nice enough to let me pick and choose though, so hopefully it won't be long before there is one I can participate in.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thanks for posting more pics, JetsAndHeels. I will be taking a closer look at them shortly.

In the meanwhile, I have also started my own Revolutionary group - only our Revolutionary War has not yet happened. In fact, you may contact me because we are still looking for a few more people to join us. I know the position of Deputy Total Universal Dictator is still available, for example. A qualified applicant will better know what he is doing moreso than God, Himself.

My enlistment in a crack commando unit yesterday for our city's Founder's Day parade (I was the loony helicopter pilot). :foracrimetheydidn'tcommit:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATeam.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	18557  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    My enlistment in a crack commando unit yesterday for our city's Founder's Day parade (I was the loony helicopter pilot). :foracrimetheydidn'tcommit:
    I always knew you were Howling Mad. :iwantatrashbag:

That is great Bel-Cam Jos! I loved the A-Team and own Seasons 1-4 on DVD.

I have to pick up Sn5.

What a great bunch of characters. The dude playing Hannibal really looks like him!

The costumes were dead-on! I bet you guys were a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That is great Bel-Cam Jos!

What a great bunch of characters. The dude playing Hannibal really looks like him!

The costumes were dead-on! I bet you guys were a hit.
    We all said the same thing; and the irony was that "Hannibal" shaved off his mustache that he said he hadn't cut since around the '80s! In order to play an '80s-era character, he had to remove his 'stache. Our "B.A. Barracus" was great, and everyone wanted him to pity them, fools! I got to make fun of him, especially his fear of flying and his mowhawk. Some parade goers even sung the theme song to us.

I couldn't get the toy theme song out of my head the last few days:
    "They're the A-Team (soldiers of fortune)
    They're the A-Team (helping people in need)
    You can pretend you are Hannibal,
    Murdock, or Face.
    Or maybe BA Barracus;
    You know each one is an ace.
    They're the A-Team."

[edit] p.s. I just noticed that my posts in this thread were 1984 and 1986, or something that fit the decade theme of the parade. Radical, dude!
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 11-10-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Stepmum sent me this picture from over the summer.

Name:	Face2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	18630  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

In the mail, got recognition that we won a trophy (but I see no way that I or my fellow Teamers will get an actual trophy ) in the parade, coming in 2nd (the Thriller dance group was great and deserved to win, but we were better than the Go-Gos, IMHO). Category was Best Interpretation of Theme. Woo hoo!

My lady took this of me when we were driving to cols for the Halloween Smashing Pumpkins show. I had always wanted to drive with a "driving scarf" blowing in the breeze, so I tossed on the rorschach scarf to do just that. I added the hat for a nifty, old timey style!

Name:	n30119483_34168637_1026.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	18633  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"