Page 213 of 282 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2813
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

Third is of some old f@rt crime scene investigator.
    Would that be you?
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The one and only!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I want to put a comic book word bubble above your last pic that will read, "Dude: did anyone see what happened to my car?"

Searching through some photos today, I came across these oldies of when I attended FBI Post-Bomb Blast school. The first photo is of the hose-draggers putting the fire out after the car was detonated so that we could check for evidence (specifically what type of device was used to blow it up).

Second photo is the result.

Third is of some old f@rt crime scene investigator.

We had to stay well down-range when they torched this one off. The hood flew off about 30 feet as if it were a giant frisbee!
    You have the coolest job ever. I never get to go to school for stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    You have the coolest job ever. I never get to go to school for stuff like that.
    I have to agree! Where can you blow stuff up on purpose and it's OK to do it!?

Actually, there is a serious side to all of this. The FBI enlists the help of other law enforcement agencies throughout the country to help it out on big cases. For example, the Oklahoma City bombing had literally hundreds of people from other agencies from surrounding states (and beyond) to help work that awful tragedy. That scene was worked 24/7 until it was completed. It takes a bunch of folks to make that happen. The Feds just don't have that much manpower. So, they provide the training and we come a-runnin' when they need us. I've been called out once so far by them and I'm used frequently by our own bomb squad (believe it nor not, California is the Pipe Bomb Capital of the Nation!).

I've also been through arson school. Same drill: you get to burn stuff up and then go find out the cause and origin. Working arson cases is one of the most interesting aspects of my job IMO.

I feel very fortunate to have fallen into such an interesting job (I had planned on becoming a teacher but fate had other ideas). You can imagine there's a lot to the job that's not so appealing as well.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

You can imagine there's a lot to the job that's not so appealing as well.
    Yes. Mouse Droids have almost completely taken over my head and to compile the evidence, you'll have to go inside my brain. When you get THAT assignment, I'd seriously start considering retirement!

(j/k: cool job and the work you do is very important to the cause of justice. For that I commend you.)

My tattoo before and after I had it recolored.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	20250

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	20251
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Note to self: Do not cross Jedi Kal-El. He is clearly Yakuza.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Me and my wife at a Popeye's (no not the fast food chicken chain) in Lake Geneva Wisconsin this past Wednesday evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry and Robin at Popeyes.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	20258  

Here is another picture from my weekend retreat, I am hiding a dollar bill in what is known as the money game. You find dollar bills in the room that other guests have left hidden. They fill out a journal with clues, and you try to find as many as possible. Then you take one of your own dollars and add it to the ones left in the room. Our clue was "not in the bed".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry hides a dollar.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	20263