Page 222 of 282 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2816
    Ah. OK. Well I hope it gets better for you. Yeah. I need to try kayacking. You can rent them to go out in the bay here for $18 for 2 hours I believe.

You get to kayack with the sea lions and dolphins riding along next to you. It's pretty cool.

I want to meet that one baby seal (or sea lion I think) that went ashore and took off and went to Chevy's Mexican Grill over in Del Mar (next town north of La Jolla where you were staying out here).

If that little seal would cross a highway to go to a restaurant (remember, this is a TRUE story that was in the newspaper here - I linked to it some time ago), he must know all the best places to get seafood along the Southern California coast.

When you kayack here, the seals and dolphins really do come by and say "hello."

BTW, I will have to get to the post office for you, Barry. I haven't had the chance yet. Tomorrow morning it is on my Things To Do List.

Sweeeeeettttttt!!!!!!! I'll be waiting!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Here's me and Red Ruff, the PetCo Park mascot at the Padres 4-1 victory (in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs already!) over the Chicago Cubs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me and Red Ruff at PetCo Park.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	21189  

Here's a picture of me pitching for my company's co-ed softball team, the Capital News 9 Niners....we've got one last doubleheader before hopefully making the playoffs.

Name:	softball.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	21192  
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

You play in shorts, Quack?

I'm making it a point to buy myself some new baseball pants this week. I was even wearing some and I dove into 2nd base when they tried to pull a double-play on my team last weekend. I skinned my left knee open (and cut up my right hand - so add batting gloves and an athletic cup to my sporting goods shopping list). I think my old pants were washed too thin, so I'll look for something thicker this time.

I also need to remind myself that after a kidney transplant, not letting them get me out is just not THAT important!

But actually I got on base and they didn't catch me. However, the throw to 1st was still in time to get the next batter for out No2. Then another of my teammates flew out to left, leaving me stranded on 2nd.

I remember that inning clearly since I play 2nd base and I didn't feel like walking around on that leg too much, so I just yelled for a teammate to throw me my glove and I went about my infield drills for the next inning and I could eventually ignore the pain (that was Sunday however - right now I just changed the bandage because it was bugging me and keeping me up at 2am going into Tuesday morning here).

Tonight I took Barry and my doctor's out to the ballgame to say thanks for taking such good care of us and literally saving my life.

Pictured are Dr. Randy Schaefer (Barry's doctor), Dr. John Fisher (my doctor), myself, and Dr. Chris Marsh (Chief of Surgery for our Scripps Hospital).

I got BobaFrett here on the phone with Dr. Schaefer while we were at the ballgame.

We had terrific seats and I caught a ball launched into the stands by the Padres Girls (at the 5th inning they throw squish balls, rolled up shirts, and other prizes into the stands). This photo was not shot at our seats but at the top of the stairs leading down to them (1st base field box).

So maybe this could have been posted in the Tycho's Health Update, but it also qualifies as a picture of myself that I posted, so...

-eh, I'll edit the photo a little so I can post it twice.

Name:	Drs Schaefer, Fisher, me, and Dr Marsh.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	21237  

A picture of the Frett way back in 1982 from the local newspaper. We were showing youngsters how we do various art projects. I was working on one of my clay reindeer.

Name:	Newspaper clipping resized.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	21313  

Holy Paul Stanley haircut Batman!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

That's cool Barry: a legacy of community service started when very young.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's cool Barry: a legacy of community service started when very young.
    I like how the caption below says "Wood Carving Technique", it was clearly clay.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    Holy Paul Stanley haircut Batman!!!
    You think that ones crazy, check out these (all me of course)

Name:	Barry 061.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	21319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry 208.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	21320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry 259.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	21321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barry 295.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	21322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head shaving.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	21323