Page 228 of 279 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2790
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Josh who's the girl in those Padres pics with you?! Does she have a sister that looks the same?!
    Hehe. She's a friend that lives in my apartment complex. We're just starting to hang out more often.

This could be the third time for some people here to see this. If you're one of them, sorry.

Not a picture of me but of what I'm getting myself into...

My grandpa had this great old mini car when I was little. He used to take my cousins and I for rides in it all the time when we were up north.

For the better part of 15 years its been sitting in an old shed, wasting and rotting away. Once my wife heard about it (then saw it) she wanted to rescue it. I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, because I'd assumed it was beyond saving.

Once we got permission from mom to get it we unburied it from the old shed and discovered it wasn't in as bad shape as I'd feared. It was rusted and the tires were shot, but somehow the engine hadn't seized up over the years!

Now the plan is to slowly fix it up and restore it to it's former glory. After it's restored...no idea, but it's too cool (and too sentimental) to lose.
    I should stress the word SLOWLY when fixing it up, since I have little-to-no clue what I'm doing, so it will be a while before this is finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	21593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	21594  
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Take your time RB, better to do it right!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to take my time. I don't want to f*ck it up.
    DOMINATE!

Rocketboy, that is so cool! Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

But yeah - DO take your time. Set aside even one day a month if you need to, but maybe plan to have it running by next summer.

This is a piece of your family history besides something to have fun with. I have to say that is awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not sure I'll be able to do much over the winter.
    Since I have no garage to work in I have to keep it in our small yard shed, which would be far too difficult to work in since we also need to store the lawnmower, grill, ect. in there. And there is no way I could get it into my basement.
    But I am going to try and get started on cleaning up the body or work on the engine while I still have a chance before the cold & snow.
    I'd love to have it up and going by March because my city always has a really cool St. Patrick's Day parade and I thought it might be cool to maybe drive it in the parade somewhere. With the cold and snow just around the corner I doubt I'll have it done that soon.
    DOMINATE!

A few pictures from my trip up North to celebrate the life of my Step Mom at a rememberance party for her held on September 12th.

The first is from left to right, Me, my father, and my brother Dan.

The second is me from that day.

The third, is me and my wife, Robin.

Name:	family.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	21624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esizedfamily 007.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	21625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esizedfamily 008.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	21626  

Barry, you're brother looks like you and you both look like George Lucas - your brother would be George Lucas in a cameo appearance in American Graffiti riding a Harley. But I swear, you should find a local friend who's a larger Irish guy with short dark hair who likes to drop a lot of "f-bombs," then carry around a high def video camera and charge people for autographs!

(Maybe help out Wal-Mart a little by doing this in the electronics department by the Star Wars DVDs - especially Nov. 3rd when the Clone Wars gets released. Have your new Irish friend constantly describe the event as "effin Awesome!" It'll work. Trust me.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So here I am at Star Wars In Concert last week.

I became friends with Chewbacca and joined the Rebel Alliance only to be inducted into the local Ewok tribe.

Yub-nub! Yub-nub! Yub-nub!

Pictures from the actual concert appear in this forum under the obvious title. I still have a lot more to share of those.

Name:	P1000780.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	21662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000782.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	21663  

Chewy looks like he wants to run his fingers through your hair!