Page 275 of 282 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2813
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Randy's Donuts isn't south central, I used to live right there, that's west siiiiieeede! The far side of Inglewood and Hawthorne are more South Central. Cool pix tho', but what set you claimin' in them colors?!? Them red shoes get you shot around those parts, son.

Did you take a trip to the Watts Towers, or was that just a stop along the way to something else?
    To my family, I live in South Central, simply because I'm in the same time zone and state. And maroon/burgundy with orange stripes ain't red, homey, especially when it's paired with khaki t-shirt with donut art and black cargo shorts. :dork:

The last day of spring break had me saying: "hey, let's do something different." So it was Randy's first, drive across to the Towers, home (after a quick stop) James.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    To my family, I live in South Central, simply because I'm in the same time zone and state. And maroon/burgundy with orange stripes ain't red, homey, especially when it's paired with khaki t-shirt with donut art and black cargo shorts. :dork:

The last day of spring break had me saying: "hey, let's do something different." So it was Randy's first, drive across to the Towers, home (after a quick stop) James.
    South Central refers to LA, not California, and fam don't play like dat.

Red, maroon, not enough difference out here on the mean streets.

What an interesting trip though, seriously didn't expect it to be just those.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    South Central refers to LA, not California, and fam don't play like dat.

Red, maroon, not enough difference out here on the mean streets.

What an interesting trip though, seriously didn't expect it to be just those.
    My fam complains about a day like today being unbearably smoggy. They've asked how SF-area quakes affected us down here. How many celebs do I see (living 40+ miles away from Hollywood)?

I purposely left my blue or red Chucks off the wardrobe options, as well as any of my Pittsburgh sports teams hats.

Here's the LA section of my list (LISTS... :drool: ) of where I've gone in life:

192. Lorelei Rock, Germany
    193. Los Angeles, CA
    - Armand Hammer Museum
    - Bunker Hill Steps
    - California African American Museum
    - California Sciencenter museum
    - California State University. Los Angeles
    - Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
    - Dodger Stadium
    - Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
    - El Pueblo de Los Angeles
    - Exposition Park
    - Farmers Market
    - Fashion Institute of Design and Marketing
    - George C. Page Museum
    - Greek Theatre
    - Griffith Observatory
    - Griffith Park
    - Hard Rock Cafe
    - J. Paul Getty Museum
    - La Brea Tar Pits
    - Los Angeles Children’s Museum
    - Los Angeles County Museum of Art
    - Los Angeles International Airport
    - Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
    - Mark Taper Forum
    - Mormon Temple
    - Museum of the American West
    - Museum of Tolerance
    - Orpheum Theater
    - St. Sophia Cathedral
    - Staples Center
    - University of Southern California
    - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    - Watts Towers of Simon Rodia State Historic Park
    194. Los Alamitos, CA
    - Los Alamitos Racetrack
    195. Los Osos, CA
    - Baywood Park

[p.s. That list really does exist, and it's now up to 376 cities worldwide]
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Look! I was sitting just below the wall of the upper row of Staples Center. Too bad Ohio State couldn't come back fully from a 20-point deficit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-30-13f.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	27282  

Buckeyes? More like su... never mind.

That's a hell of a list. Did you go to the good J. Paul Getty Museum or the new one that sucks? For me, the "Villas" will always be the real one and the new one is just a bloated mess with far too singular a focus.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The address shows the Villa in Malibu, so it isn't on my LA list (I'll try to Golden Shovel a SSG thread here with all my places visited). I've been to both; and yeah, I like the Villa slightly better than the 405-accessible one (which is one of its drawbacks), mainly due to the outdoor artwork (but indoor art is much better at the Museum - my favorite is titled Spring by Lawrence Alma-Tadema).

I prefer the indoor art at the Villa, there's something about the Center's focus on renaissance and post- European art that gets repetitive to me, while I never tire of ancient Grecian, Etruscan, and Roman artworks. The irony between us here is that your favorite is a 19th-century European artist depicting ancient Rome.

Rats, now I want to go to both.

Here I am at this year's SW Day, at the Ewok Drum Circle, where you were either a music lover of the innocence of kids creating simple sounds, or frustrated by the cacophony that is children banging on things. It was fun, great, and a way to revive your hope in humanity and the power of positive times. Star Wars forever!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-25-13c.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	27504  

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Here I am at this year's SW Day, at the Ewok Drum Circle, where you were either a music lover of the innocence of kids creating simple sounds, or frustrated by the cacophony that is children banging on things. It was fun, great, and a way to revive your hope in humanity and the power of positive times. Star Wars forever!
    A WOODEN MALLET ON THE TROOPER BUCKET?!? Rubber mallet, man!

It's a library. You take what you get. Only the Empire would use such hi-tech implements; forest creatures use what they have. :simpletricksandnonsense: