Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All these redos are enough. Bring on new figures and make them where they can be got without haveing to pay high prices. Around here it is almost impossiable to get anything new.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Oh... believe me- getting them around here is next to impossible too. I never found Lando (no big deal)... and you have to drive everywhere to find the one or two new figures you want!

I can't remember things being this crazy during the vintage days!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Oh... believe me- getting them around here is next to impossible too. I never found Lando (no big deal)... and you have to drive everywhere to find the one or two new figures you want!

I can't remember things being this crazy during the vintage days!
    JP,
    It really depends on when in the "Vintage Days" you were collecting. Up until Jedi, selection and availability were often scarce. There were not as many Toys R Us around (at least in this area). In fact the closest TRU to the Dallas area for many years was Houston. Back in those days you had to go to the scant and ignored toy departments of Sears, JC Penny, and Montgomery Ward, to the K-Mart, Target, and later Wal-Marts (again, not so many back then), or to the overpriced mall toy store (Circus World was the big one in those days). Granted, when I started collecting at 12, I had to rely on my parents to shuttle me around or pick things up for me on the way home, but by the time I was 16 I got out a lot, and rarely found the new figures. It was a challenge even then, perhaps moreso since by Jedi many of the department stores in the malls had downsized or eliminated thier toy departments. And we didn't have the internet or Sir Steve's to keep us apraised of upcoming lines. It was only through persistant correspondence with Kenner that I often had any clue what was coming out before the Christmas catalogs from Pennys and Sears.
    Believe me, in so many ways, it was a lot worse back then!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Vintagely speaking, in the UK we had many small stores selling star wars like they were just any other item. You could walk into any hardware store and find them sitting among dusters ad fly spray. You could fing them in newsagents and tobacconists, they were in grocery stores and chain stores that sold clothes.
    I followed the card backs to find out what was coming out. I only knew of the Y-wing like that. But the whole time there were a constant supply of figures all mixed up and I could still find figures on star wars cards during the last days of Jedi in some of the smaller places. But they hung on for dear life.
    Before TRU hit the UK ther were a few smaller chains of toy stores. The biggest I can remember was a store called TOY AND HOBBY. It was all low lighting and funky red and yellow decor. I used to spend hours standing in front of the shelves full of Falcons and x-wings with my non existent pocket money making lengthy wish lists.... ah, the nostalgia...!
    Anyway, point was that it was quite easy back then to find stuff.
    Now of course the UK market has gone belly up. Most stuff is bought on the net or at collector fairs. Although there are a few good comic stores who hold out against the 'wisdom' of the Hasbro UK policy of not importing. British trading standard regulations are very strange when it comes to toys. A lot of the new stuff doesn't meet with trading standards for some reason and that's why hasbro won't badger stores into stocking. Of course the regs came out after the POTF2 line so they don't fall into the same category. That's why so many stores over here have POTF2 stuff in stock and the new stuff is scarce.
    But stores are canny and using the fuzzy grey market they import from countries other than the US such as Germany. Thereby eluding the trading standards regs and providing happy customers like me with lovely new POTJ stuff in large quantities and at a greatly reduced price than if they had been imported from the states.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Whatever you do Hasbro, leave the articulation out of the figures. It's so dumb to make joints that swivel and bend. You'll give small chidlren so many creative choices, they won't know what to do and their tiny heads will explode under the creative freedom you have given them. Instead, give each figure ONE action feature and a huge unsightly action button on their back to activate it. By removing the choice, the small child will be forced to use that action exclusively with that figure. If they want the figure to do anything else, well, they'll just have to buy the next sculpt of that figure with the appropriate action. Also, there has been some talk of vehicles in this line. Please don't make any of the action figures able to FIT in the vehicles. See, children have short attention spans and if they put a figure into a toy, fairly soon, they'll start playing with something else and forget all about the action figure in the cockpit of the vehicle. A perfectly good figure lost for all time. I propose designing figures that are physically impossible to jam into the cockpit of any toy you design. I also hate the fact that you only offer ONE figure of some of the main characters. Like Jango Fett. He shows up in more than one scene in the film, see? Maybe you could make one figure where he escapes from Kamino, and another where he's in a Final battle. And then throw in another one of two for good measure. The same goes for Obi-Wanand Anakin. Even though they wear the exact same outfits thrioughout the entire film, we need several different variations of those figures clogging up the pegs.

Thanks fore listening Hasbro. :happy:
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Reverse psychology. . . That just might work.

You should make Star Wars figures based on rides at Disney, too! We really like exclusives of characters who aren't really characters being available only in Orlando and Anaheim. I think collectors will appreciate hunting for one more exclusive and will like those Short Circuit robots hanging around, taking their movie and EU figures on rides. (Except for Teek; I'll tell you about him in just a second.)

Hasbro, we don't want a Madine, or a Teek, or even an Imperial Dignitary. I think they'd be heavy pegwarmers. Especially the Teek.

And definitely no Sith Infiltrator--ever!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You people think you have it bad?? I have to pay 50% extra for all my Star Wars figures, in a comic shop, because all that I see in toy stores are Tatooine Anakin, Coruscant Obi-Wan and Kamino Jango, that's all. I never once saw any POTJ or the later POTF2 or E1 waves. Now I'm paying way more then I should have to in comic shops or online. It's depressing.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku