Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Articulation

Articulation

Dear Hasbro,

The articulation on your Star Wars: Power of the Jedi (3 3/4) line needs improvement. I am sure you have heard this before, and you have been getting better, but you seem to be going backwards again. The legs on your newest figured allow for one pose. Collectors and Kids both enjoy being able to pose the figures in various ways. My suggestion is to use your new GI Joe (3 3/4) bodies on future figures. I just bought the Snake-Eyes Vs. Stormshadow set and it was $7.76. At the same time I bought Eeth Koth he was $6.44. So cost should not be an issue.
    The new Joes are very nicely detailed while at the same time being poseable (although Snake-Eyes's legs need work). If you were to incorporate this body into the SW:POTJ line, both kids and collectors would be happy. Thank you for your time.
    The truth hurts but only those who are afraid to face it

has everyone been noticing smaller and smaller Star Wars sections at their local retailers? Some places, like some Wal-Marts have done away with their SW sections altogether. Are the retailers trying to collectively tell Hasbro and SW that $7 and $8 dollar figures are unnaceptable and that other toy companies are offering better merchandise for lower cost and if they want to get back in the toy game they can improve their merchandise to a standard that reflects paying $7 for a tiny 4" figure or they can lower their prices down to a more reasonable amount, because merely counting on the brand name of Star Wars to justify astronomical prices is unnacceptable.

If this is the case, do you applaud the retailers for taking a stand even if it means it's harder for you to find the figures, or would you rather they just cave and order tons of SW merchandise, so you can get your figures at exorbitant prices and the retailer has to eat the leftovers?

I agree with you, for only $1.32 more I got 2 action figures when a lot of the time I pay an extreme price for a hunk of plastic, that looks okay in one position. Yeah the Star Wars name sells but with the amount of product that will accompany Episode 2, At current prices I will not be able to buy a lot of it. If they were actually Articulated so that they were indeed action figures I might not be so unhappy about higher prices. GI Joe and Star Wars are both made by the same company it sucks that one is so much more expensive. When I bought the Joes they also had the Silver anniversary sets they were $14.99, in my opinion they should be closer to $10. I am real close to swearing off Star Wars as to costly for what I get.
    The truth hurts but only those who are afraid to face it

Only one shop near me has any SW section.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Stores like us are are the buyers and the only way to let the co. know what we want is to tell[if they will listen].Yes to wanting the store to have a big stock of sw stuff.No to the store haveing to eat what doesn't sell because they will stop selling the product if they have a lot of stock left over.I don't have a problem with the sw line as it was. Didn't even mind the price of the figure around 7 to 8 dollars. I do mind paying that much for a figure that has only one pose. If they can make figures like the Joes thay can make the SW figures the same way and may find that thier sales just might go up. The hard part in all of this is getting Hasbro to listen.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

The stores need bigger Star Wars sections and MORE Star Wars!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Oh yes, and articulation does need improving.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The articulation situation is becoming unacceptable IMO, I hate these overposed, underarticulated figures coming out. Make a neutral pose, add quality articulation, and let us decide what poses work best!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Angry

Basically,I think we need a neutral pose of the POTF line,but with
    good enough articulation to pose them in ways that we want them.

Yes?No?To this.Its basically an idea of what I would like to see.
    http://pub96.ezboard.com/starwarsthecollective -SW RP
    -Impressive,Most Impressive,but you are not a Jedi yet-

Originally posted by crossfire
    GI Joe and Star Wars are both made by the same company it sucks that one is so much more expensive. When I bought the Joes they also had the Silver anniversary sets they were $14.99, in my opinion they should be closer to $10
    As someone said(?) Hasbro doesnt have to pay anyone for the rights to produce GIJOES figures(cause they own it),unlike Star Wars Hasbro has to pay Lucasfilm the rights to produce Star Wars figures so Hasbo is trying to get some of its money back
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious