Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Please don't screw it up.

Please don't screw up this episode two line by releasing endless rehash Anakins and Padmés and wierdy beardy Kenobi. Save a few core characters for later waves and just have one core character per wave that way you can make a decent figure instead of churning out the crap ones endlessly like you did with episode one. Thank you for never listening.

Jargo,
    Though one would hope that Habro would have received your message loud and clear, if vacariously, from the response to multiple rehashes of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, I'm glad you voiced that sentiment here. As I said, one would hope. Yet the new Jedi Training Obi-Wan says otherwise. Thank you for articulating what we all think, and fear, in regard to the forthcoming EII line. Though I don't take as much issue with Queen Amidala/Padme as that character is rather defined by a bewildering array of costume changes (a trend that will no doubt perpetuate well into Episode III). To date, Hasbro has all but ignored the myriad costumes of the Queen, only recently coming on board with a few new releases. I think it all boils down to the "fear of females" that perpetuated the toy industry. Toy is fer boys an boys dont want no girl figures. That was the prevailing wisdom anyway. But then it is hard to blame (then) Kenner and (now) Hasbro. After all, the Star Wars series has only (now) two principal female characters. Otherwise it's an all-out boy's club!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I've got no quibble with figures made if they are in different costumes. I just have a big issue with the same figure wearing the same costume released time and time again with minor sculpting changes that really don't make a scrap of difference. Like episode one Anakin. The only figure that had anything remotely different about was the Padawan version. Don't just release the same Obi-Wan with a molded on jedi starfighter headset Hasbro and think we'll accept it as a new figure. Just release the one really good articulated figure with the damn accessories. I'm tired of being ripped off. I live in a country that hardly sees new releases exept by import. I sometimes don't really know what a figure really looks like until I recieve it from the postman after buying online. I don't want to find that it's the same figure with the legs just slightly wider and a crappier paint deco that is the same figure I bought in the last wave. I don't have enough money to squander on every tiny variant Hasbro tries to spew out to milk the line. I can't see many kids wanting endless Obi-Wan figures either.
    So let's have an end to these pointless exercises in regurgitation and see the real treasures start to show up in assortments.

Yes, different costumes are great. Same costume over and over sucks. Please, no figures like Ascension-gun Amidala (I didn't buy it, even though it sat at my nearby Kmart for weeks), mechanic Anakin, Chocobi-Wan (quite possibly the most useless SW figure ever made), Anakin mechanic (oooo! bendy-knees and a repainted droid! That's worth another six bucks!). But figures of Amidala/Padme in all of her costumes, bring 'em on!
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 10-03-2001 at 12:24 AM.

I just have a big issue with the same figure wearing the same costume released time and time again with minor sculpting changes that really don't make a scrap of difference.
    Whaen Hasbro does this why do you guys buy them if you don't like them(Not aimed at anyone)? If its just the same figure with minor changes?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

We buy them because a lot of us rely on online stores and a lot of the time the stuff we get is sight unseen. The publicity pics of chocobiwan had him looking pretty fly on the net. In actual fact the figure underneath the cloak was the same as the obi from Episode 1 wave 1 or 2. But we didn't know that until we got him in the mail and unwrapped him. Sometimes buyiny a figure resculpt is the only way to get an improved version like Dagobah Vader for example. That's a cool resculpt but several of the Vaders were pretty lame. I'm just asking that with a single super sculpt of the character in the costume we wouldn't need to have these useless ones foisted upon us. And limiting core characters to just one per wave would mean more cool aliens and droids got made to fill the wave out. Can you see how I'm thinking?

I was an avid collector of the Ep1 line until around December 1999, when I saw the new Pilot Anakin, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan and Sith Lord Darth Maul. Sure they were improved sculpts (except for the Anakin, who was just the same ol' Annie with Ric Olie's helmet and a Naboo Fighter adaptor) but at that time we still had no Plo Koon or Mas Amedda or even Shmi! Then I looked at the future figures and saw the Chocobi-Wan and realized what Hasbro was doing. Cashing in, nothing more. Thus I quit collecting the Ep1 line and am seriously debating if I plan to buy more than a couple Ep2 figures. At the rumored $8 per figure I doubt it.

I can echo those sentiments. The endless rehashes have gotten so discouraged/disinterested with the line that I rarely even buy the more obscure characters any more. I still haven't picked up a Duros or Ketwol, even though I've run across them a few times. I'll probably pick of the new Vader when I find him, and maybe Shmi. As for Ep.2 figures, I think I'll take a chance and wait until they go on clearance, 2 for $1.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    I still haven't picked up a Duros or Ketwol, even though I've run across them a few times.
    Sould pick up Ketwol and Duros, they are pretty good action figures
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by ThomasLane
    I still haven't picked up a Duros or Ketwol, even though I've run across them a few times.
    You can pass up the Ketwol but you might regret it in the future if you don't pick up the Duros.