Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Testing in progress

I usually test out components from the dioramas that I want to build for effects just to see if it works right. Here's what an el cheapo hair gel from a dollar store and some lights did!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lukebacta.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	2528  
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Interesting... Get the idea from NiubNiubsUniverse.com?

That must make for a cool display piece, you using reguler lightbulbs or a bunch of LEDs on a data board under it? Regular lights might heat up and melt the plastic, but I think LEDs you could lead on and only worry about the battery going dead.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I like it!
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Interesting... Get the idea from NiubNiubsUniverse.com?

That must make for a cool display piece, you using reguler lightbulbs or a bunch of LEDs on a data board under it? Regular lights might heat up and melt the plastic, but I think LEDs you could lead on and only worry about the battery going dead.
    Nope! I've had it already planned for the first time that the figure was announced. Much like when I saw the Carbon Freeze Chamber and known that it wasn't lighted. It's like I get these ideas from time to time about what a figure or an accessory could be used for in a particular scene. But it doesn't always play that way until I actually get it done and test for it.

I've had much more experience about lighting up my works and the ones I've used more often are xmas lights. Haven't had any reason at all to change them and I know that others have followed suit on what I've done.

Btw, I should be done with this piece in a couple of weeks and right now I'll just say it's not what you think it is that I'm gonna use it for!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

are you maybe using it for clonechambers and you are building a huge kamino cloneroom with thousands of little clonechambers and millions of clonetroopers?
    just an idea...
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Originally posted by 187-Maul
    are you maybe using it for clonechambers and you are building a huge kamino cloneroom with thousands of little clonechambers and millions of clonetroopers?
    just an idea...
    Why would you think that I'm gonna be doing something like that?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Cool Clone Tank

Almost there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clonetank.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	2720  
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

sweet!
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

WOW!!! That is awesome!!! Can't wait to see the completed diorama!!!
    [url=http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mandalorian/customs.html]Check Out My Customs[/url]

[url=http://www.thecustomalliance.com/eardley/default.asp]Proud Member Of The Custom Alliance[/url]

Sweet looking!

I wonder though, did you buy multiples of them, take different pictures of the one and blend them, or clone () 1-2 in photoshop?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"