Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An interesting scene opporunity missed?

I was watching the E1 DVD tonight and got to thinking that since Anakin was so filled with fear, does anyone think it would've been interesting if when they were leaving the Council room that when he sees Eeth Koth he freezes up and gives him a dirty look due to his resemblance to Maul?

I know Anakin didn't see all of Maul's head, but he could have at least seen the front horns and recognized the species from Eeth's front horns and with the fear built-up inside him (and with the fact he was almost Tatooine road-kill thanks to Maul) he could've had a slight grudge against Maul's species.

I just thought it would've been an interesting addition to the scene as just a small connection to how he feels about the other Jedi in E2.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It could work I suppose, or he could sort of flinch as he walks past and then give him a dirty look.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I thought Maul's horns were covered by his hood, thus the only similarity between Eeth and Maul wouldn't be visible to young Ani at that time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I thought Maul's horns were covered by his hood, thus the only similarity between Eeth and Maul wouldn't be visible to young Ani at that time.
    the tattoos are both similar on their faces.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

IMO, not really, Eeth's are faint and not that intricate, black on light tan skin; Maul's tats on the other hand are very intricate and red on black skin.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Not to mention, Anakin never got a really good look at Maul's face anytime in the movie. Maybe at the end when he's hiding in the cockpit of the Naboo Starfighter. But early in the movie, he dropped to the ground, and then quickly ran off when Qui-Gon told him to.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's true, he could've seen Maul without the cloak in the hangar before taking off and then seen Eeth during the funeral scene and doen the scene thing there, but I think it would've just ended up being treated like a "yipee!" scene.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The thing that bothered me about that,is these guys are masters in the force and should know that a child would be afraid. He has left his mother,the only life he has known and now in front of the most powerfull people and well know in the galaxy. I know I would be on edge to,who wouldn't.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Well if the dark side clouds all, i guess it clouded their sight as well.
    "It takes more than one step to go the extra mile for someone"

Good Sellers:

BJBFrericks

I was actually a bit surprised to find out that Maul and Eeth Koth were supposed to be of the same species; they resemble each other very little in my opinion. I doubt Anakin would've really noted the slight similarities anyway.

Still, it would've been nice to see a few more of the Jedi Council members interacting with the main cast.