Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

age old question, sorry but...xbox or gamecube...

sorry i know weve heard this a million times but i seriously cant decide. ive got a PS2, but i want shiney graphics! so is it GC - 'rogue leader 2, bounty hunter, clone wars game whatever its called', or xbox - 'galaxies, outcast, old republic'. see my dilemma. man im seriously thinking gamecube just for rogue squadron. i must have played the demo like 100 times in store. why the fcuk cant that game be on xbox. so help me out, what do you think, GC or xbox, and why. cheers.

That depends on what is really important to you. If you prefer a larger polygon/sec count, true dolby stereo sound, and the ability to play DVDs you should go with the X-Box.

You might be interested to know that I know many people that bought the Box and have had it fail completely. One of my co-workers hasn't even had his system for half a year yet and his system decided to quit. It woud $100 to repair and is then only gauranteed to work for 30 days.

Or you can pay $149 bucks for the cube, which doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Box but Nintendo's reliability is proven. My NES, SNES, N64 and the GC are still working. Personally in a contest between features and reliability I go with reliability. What good is paying for the fancy stuff if it fails after a couple months? Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, Rogue Leader is an AWESOME game. ETERNAL DARKNESS is an AWESOME game.

Yes, stability is an issue. Not a major one, though. I've heard from multiple people, that it is super stable, and I've seen it in action. It is the fastest-loading console that I've seen, even faster than the NES.

Depends entirely on your interests in video games. Buy whichever system has more games that interests you. Don't buy a system just because of its graphic capabilities are said to be "superior" to another system. Don't buy into hype.

And yes, Eternal Darkness is a cool and unique game preacher. Silicon Knights did an excellent job on it. I would recommend trying this game out if you have a GAMECUBE.

I like Gamecube because I grew up on Nintendo and I can't wait for every traditional title that comes out.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

i do want good graphics but that aint THE issue cause im seriously not seeing any diff in xbox vs gamecube graphics. i'll probably end up getting a box for galaxies cause i wont be able to play the PC version on my laptop and the PS2 version will look ***** in comparison. anyone know if we'll ever see rogue leader on xbox? man, if not i'll probably end up getting a GC just for that game. , get em both, problem solved.

PS2 + GC = Who needs a box that's shaped like an X?

PS2's DVD player is pretty good also, a good buy for $400 worth (since they've been marked down to $200 on the PS2s)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Without a doubt X-BOX. I don't know what all the fuss is about Rogue Squadron for GC, I have the game and it sucks big time. They actually have midi music in there. LOL What a joke. The controls are horrible!!!!!!! What a sorry excuse for a SW game. I have yet found a game for GC that has me "excited" to get. I'll admit that X-Box games aren't top notch right now but wait till this fall when many games will be going online (Unreal Championship anyone) You already have the network adaptor and a hard drive. 9 ft. cords, and an awesome DVD player with a cool zoom feature. Go with the X-Box, Star Wars Galaxies is gonna totally kick butt.

Originally posted by JediDan
    Without a doubt X-BOX. I don't know what all the fuss is about Rogue Squadron for GC, I have the game and it sucks big time. They actually have midi music in there. LOL What a joke. The controls are horrible!!!!!!! What a sorry excuse for a SW game.
    See, everyone has there own opinions as to what games are good. Buy the system with more games that interests you. As for Rogue Leader, it is a GAMECUBE exclusive. Its possible that it may show up later on another system like other so called exclusive games that came out before it (Resident Evil: Code Veronica). If does though, there has been no word of it and it is doubtful that it would be any time soon.