Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did Senator Palpy seem paler in AOTC than in TPM?

I think in AOTC the dark side is starting to take it's toll on Palpy.
    He seems whiter in the skin than before.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah. That's pretty noticable. He also have mottled skin with age spots.

Since he's the Supreme Chancellor and theres the whole Separitists thing going on, I get the feeling he would've been going in the senate chamber more than before and it didn't look too sunny in there.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Did Senator Palpy seem paler in AOTC than in TPM?

Originally posted by scruffziller
    I think in AOTC the dark side is starting to take it's toll on Palpy.
    He seems whiter in the skin than before.
    I should clarify that the reason that Palpy looks the way he does in ROTJ (and Vader as well) is that being vessels of the Dark Side as they were has significant physical effects, one making you look as white as a ghost. Basically their bodies are being destroyed.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 06-30-2002 at 11:37 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Exactly. The evil power eats away at their bodies and makes them decay.

Or maybe he's just getting physically older.... hmmm, makes sense to me.

Dark side aging apparently doesn't do too much physically to a person. Palpatine in RotJ looks pretty much like my grandmother who is in her late 80s. If anything, it seemingly only rots teeth and may induce albinism.

Well, Palpatine in TPM is supposed to be 52 years old, according to his charecter profile on the Behind the Scenes CD-rom that came out for TPM. So that would make him 62 in AOTC's, and 65-66 in EIII. Which places him at 84 in ANH, around 87 in ESB, and somewhere between 88-89 in ROTJ.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks Binksy

Deadeye, if the Dark Side was making him "decay", shouldn't he have been long dead by ROTJ since he's already rotten in AOTC ?

If anything, it makes him stronger . . . not much stronger than Mr. Burns , but still stronger than your average 90 year old.

Well...it made him decay but the evil power kept him alive. After all, in ROTJ all we saw were his face and hands...he could have been covered with dead flesh, had synthetic legs and a fake butt, faulty kidneys, and more!