Question Droids and Ewoks??

Just curious, does anyone out there consider the Droids and Ewoks lines to be part of the vintage Star Wars line?

With the exception of the A-Wing, A-Wing Pilot and Boba Fett, I never really considered them a toy line worthy to stand with the actual movie based toys. The cartoony sculpting was always a big turn-off for me.

Not to say I would snub the toys if I found a few at a decent price, but I would never display them as part of my Star Wars collection. They seem more like a piece of goofy 80's nostalgia than a part of the Star Wars Saga.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I posted this same question last spring.

The replies came back about 50/50. Half said absolutely not, and the other half said that if you consider the expanded universe/shadows of the empire, etc as part of the collection, then you should also consider the droids/ewoks.

I have the complete vintage line minus droids/ewoks and all of the new figs from 95 up to the Shmi wave (including EU & SOTE), but I have never even attempted to collect the droids/ewoks. They just look like cartoons to me.

So I guess the answer is "whatever rocks your boat".

I remember when this line came out. I thought the sculpts, characters and the detailing was TERRIBLE! I still think that way about the line.

I just looked at them and shook my head. It was like they said, "Oooh...! Look at the crap we can put out now that there are no more movies!" I'm all for EU stuff as long as it's done with the same quality and respect that the rest of the movie-based mechandise is.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thumbs up

I have to say that they are part of the line. That's what I think.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

IMO they are jus part of SW, but they aren't part of the vintage line. I never even saw these toys in stores, (but if i see one i would definitely buy it)
    As always...........L

I consider them part of Star Wars and the Vintage line but since I only have the first wave of each(droids and Ewoks)
    I'm missing the figures in the 2nd wave that never came out I don't really consider them as important to the vintage line as those in the movies
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Question

They were not marketed as a part of the SW collection, so I consider them their own line. Unlike SOTE, EU, POTF2, POTJ, E1, etc., which were parts of the blanket "Star Wars" line. Those Disneyland Star Tours figures (if they have/will come out) will be a separate line, IMO too.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(