Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    [FONT=Courier New]About 20 years ago when I was 13 or 14, I met actor Sam Elliott (Big Lebowski, Tombstone) and his wife in Sunriver, OR during Christmas break while on vacation with my family.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]His daughter was ice skating in the "town square" area at the same time as my younger brothers and younger sister (I was watching them while mom and dad shopped, got coffee, ditched us, etc.) and we were standing in the same area and exchanged hellos and chit chatted and pointed out who we watching and what not.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]A few minutes later my dad yelled at me to "come over here!". At this time of my life this was common place and I really never knew what he was yelling at me for (and pretty much every other day now because we work together, this is how he talks to me, although he has mellowed out since I was a kid...).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"Sorry! What now?" I apologized before I figured out why he yelled at me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Dad: "Do you know who that man is?" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Me: "No, and sorry again?" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Dad: "That's Sam Elliott!" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Me: *shoulder shrug* (he was just really friendly and his wife was VERY attractive and we were having a nice chat.) [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Dad: "He's an actor. He went to HS (Madison HS in Portland, OR) with me." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Me: "Oh. Okay."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]At this point my dad wanted a picture with him and I am sure it's floating around the office here somewhere. I was a little bit embarrassed because I am not a very star struck kind of person, and was just enjoying talking to someone who was friendly (and his super hot wife) as opposed to my dad who according to my mom once in the 1970's yelled though a crowd of people in Austria "Henry! Henry Kissinger! My name is Steve ****! I'm an American!". [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's cool little story and I like the fact that I didn't recognize him or knew who he was and was able to have a short conversation with him like 2 human beings and as embarrassed as I was when my dad yelled at me to walk over to him (I actually thought he was upset because I was talking to someone I didn't know), if it hadn't been for that, I wouldn't have known who I was talking to. Since then, I have been a fan of his work.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Sorry for such a long post. I haven't shared that story in a while and I saw this thread, so I thought it'd be fun to share.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I recently met world famous author and zombie expert Max Brooks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me&max.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	22790  

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    [FONT=Courier New]Dad: "That's Sam Elliott!" [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Me: *shoulder shrug* (he was just really friendly and his wife was VERY attractive and we were having a nice chat.) [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Dad: "He's an actor. He went to HS (Madison HS in Portland, OR) with me." [/FONT]
    Did they go to HS together at the same time or are they just alums of the same school? Either way very cool I might add.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Did they go to HS together at the same time or are they just alums of the same school? Either way very cool I might add.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Same HS at the same time in the same grade, although after freshman year, Sam Elliott left Madison HS to attend David Douglas HS (also in Portland).[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Same HS at the same time in the same grade, although after freshman year, Sam Elliott left Madison HS to attend David Douglas HS (also in Portland).[/FONT]
    very cool!

[FONT=Courier New]Yep![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]And although I've never met him, my uncle went to Milwaukie HS with Dark Horse's Mike Richardson. The HS is literally just up the street from Dark Horse HQ[/FONT]

Oh yeah, I also recently realized that I went to high school with Prison Break's Rockmund Dunbar. I remember thinking he looked so familiar when that show first started, then I realized that several of my high school friends on Facebook had him in their friends lists. I remembered being in Mr. Enemark's art class with him after that.

George Clinton used to stay fairly often at the hotel I worked at. He used to find it pretty funny that he was this completely out there guy and I would refuse to call him anything but Mr.Clinton. I don't gather anyone really calls him that.

I also met one of the Donnas very briefly. I really wanted to meet the drummer, because I thought she was the cutest. I couldn't tell you which one it was. I knew at the time.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I heard writer Ray Bradbury speak (I guess that isn't actually MEETING him) at a Big Read event locally tonight. Even for a 90-year old, he's quite funny. Listening to him, I haven't done squat. But listening to his message, that just means I need to focus more on what's important and do just that. That's him with his biographer, Sam Weller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RayBradbury BigRead.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	23726  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I love Bradbury! His works really got me into Sci-Fi, so I'm jealous

I've met Gorilla Zoe(former member of Boyz n da Hood)at work multiple times, kind of a quiet guy who just dribbles the basketballs around. Met countless semi-pro Nike sponsored Golfers, including one today. I always forget their names since I'm not into golf.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!