Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    After the talk, the line to get him to sign a book was extremely long (the room held 366 max. and they had an overflow room with curcuit TV, too) and it was getting late, so I figured just hearing him speak from about six rows back was good enough for me.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

You know that Dr. Pepper commercial with KISS and Mini KISS?
    I found out today that I went to school with Mini Paul Stanley.

So, I guess that counts as having met a celebrity (of sorts).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What's the definition of "met"?

I've shaken hands with John Elway, Mike Shanahan, Neil Smith, Alan Trammell, Travis Fryman, Cecil Fielder, and Christian Okoye. I've had dinner with Mario Andretti.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

President George W Bush, George Lucas(thru my son...he's the one who went up on stage at the 1st CIII Q&A...I was 7 feet away), Roddy McDowall, Vincent Price, David McCallum, Kim Hunter(Dr. Zira), most of the primary SW cast(except for Ford & Hamill), Sly Stallone(at a book signing if you can believe that), Pat & Debby Boone(by accident), Ricardo Montalban, Frank Gorshin, Harlan Ellison, Issac Asimov, David Gerrold(TRibbles), and other assorted authors from 1 time to another, Ray Harryhausen, Richard Thomas(John-Boy...who loves sci-fi & wanted to play Paul in Dune). There's probably more, but these are the main ones.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

We had nearly the entire cast of Mystery Science Theater stop by at work a little whle back.

Cool damn celebs.

Sadly, never had the chance to "meet" any Star Wars celebs .... literally ran into Peter Mayhew at the Chicago Comicon downtown this year, but that lurching monstrosity couldn't be bothered to turn around and accept my apology. Must have been ****ed off that the line for the "Ghost Hunter" guys line was a mile long, while he left early due to, I'm guessing, no one.

Was actually kind of willing myself to stand in line for Ray Park, but he and Daniel Logan left WAY before I got there. Am I the only one that's starting to think these "flash in the pan" celebrities aren't worth our time??

Johnny Cash, Garth Brooks, Martina McBride, Morgan Freeman, Ashley Judd, Jeremy Piven, Mario Van Peebles, Eddie Money, Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire, Eddie George, Steve McNair, Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Dale Murphy, Jevon Kearse, Joe Theismann, Dave Matthews, Fran Tarkenton, Clint Black, Donald Trump, Patrick Ewing, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Tina Turner, Prince

Ryan Roxy, Eric Dover (both former Alice Cooper guitarists), Damon Johnson (Alice Cooper guitarist), Chuck Garrick (Alice Cooper bassist), Eric Singer (drummer: KISS/Alice Cooper, formerly w/ Black Sabbath, Badlands, Lita Ford, etc), Bruce Kulick (GrandFunk Railroad, former KISS/Union guitarist) John Corabi (Former Union, Motley Crue, The scream, etc vocalist), Bob Kulick...wish I could've met Alice himself and other KISS members. Back in '90/91 got a guitar pick off Paul Taylor's (Winger) guitar during a club concert and Kip Winger held his bass guitar over the crowd in front row and allowed a few fans to play a few notes on his bass...awesome show.
    When i was maybe 8 or 10, my uncle took me and my cousin to WWF in Philly and my cousin was infactuated w/ Jimmy "SuperFly" and insisted we wait after the show in the parking lot when the wrestlers came out. I got seperated from my uncle and cousin and I was wondering aimlessly in the crowd, I literally walked into Tony Atlas.

as far as sw actors/actress....got autographs at c3 from Garrick Hagon "Biggs Draklighter", Shannon Baksa "Mara Jade", and Christne Hewett aka one of the Tonnika sisters. Also got a picture of both Mr. Hagon and Ms Hewett holding custom carded figures I made of thier respected characters

Dear, God!! I can't believe I haven't posted to this thread!!!

I've met...

Ted Knight
    David Prowse
    Warwick Davis
    Carrie Fisher
    Olivia Newton-John
    Tony Bennett
    Celine Dion (actually worked with her for a day and she was COOL!)
    Ozzy Osbourne
    NKOTB (as they were called at that time-- oh, the days of the record store! LOL)
    Lita Ford
    Eric Burdon
    "Weird Al" Yankovic
    Pantera
    Jesus Jones
    Jade
    Susan Blackwell and Heidi Blickenstaff (from [title of show] for you non-B'way people)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm not big on the whole "meeting celebrities" thing, but Bradbury is a whole different category, meeting Ray Bradbury is like meeting a piece of history, his contributions to literature make him so much more than a celebrity.

If I could compile a list of famous people I would like to meet (past and present) it would be something like this (in no particular order):

Albert Einstein
    Stephen Hawking
    Issac Newton
    Robert Oppenheimer
    Ayn Rand
    Ronald Reagan
    Calvin Coolidge
    George Washington
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Thomas Jefferson
    Abraham Lincoln
    John F. Kennedy
    Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Ben Franklin
    Nikola Tesla
    Thomas Edison
    Pope John Paul II
    Georges Lemaître
    Ernest Hemingway
    Edgar Allan Poe
    H.G. Wells
    William Shakespeare
    Mark Twain

Mostly writers, scientists, and Presidents.
    May the force be with you.