Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Mostly writers, scientists, and Presidents.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    I'm not big on the whole "meeting celebrities" thing, but Bradbury is a whole different category, meeting Ray Bradbury is like meeting a piece of history, his contributions to literature make him so much more than a celebrity.

If I could compile a list of famous people I would like to meet (past and present) it would be something like this (in no particular order):

Mostly writers, scientists, and Presidents.
    I think maybe one or two from your list might be hard to meet today.

Mr. Bradbury was an amazing mind, speaking on his own experiences, current issues, past concepts; seriously and humorously. I could listen to him all day.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I think maybe one or two from your list might be hard to meet today.

Mr. Bradbury was an amazing mind, speaking on his own experiences, current issues, past concepts; seriously and humorously. I could listen to him all day.
    Indeed, considering Hawking is the only one from my list still alive, though Ray Bradbury should have also been on the list.

I would also love to meet Thomas Sowell, George H.W. Bush, Bob Dole, Michio Kaku, and Stephen King...to name a few.

Bush and Dole, more so because of their roles in WWII and after!
    May the force be with you.

Attended a talk by Bill Gates, who focused on world disease control, math and science education, and philanthropy. He was somewhat funny, but mostly serious and on-topic.

I was watching Dr. Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine on Youtube last night. I went to high school (and probably junior high) with him. My best bud in elementary school was T Lewis (then Tommy) illustrator of Over the Hedge.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I was watching Dr. Michael Shermer of Skeptic Magazine on Youtube last night. I went to high school (and probably junior high) with him. My best bud in elementary school was T Lewis (then Tommy) illustrator of Over the Hedge.
    That's cool, I like Shermer and Skeptic Magazine!

My wife went to one of the same High School's as Marilyn Manson, she grew up in his home town of Canton, OH, though she is about 10 years younger.

My uncle went to school with Michael Biehn in Lake Havasu, AZ.

I met Danny McKnight a while back (as in LTC McKnight of Black Hawk Down played by Tom Sizemore).

I've also met several SW actors of course from various conventions, Jeremy Bulloch was about the nicest one, beaten only by Zachariah Jensen (Kit Fisto EP II). One night during C3 a bunch of us were camped out over night to get in early the next moring and he just came over and hung out with everyone, I believe we were across the street from the hotel most of the celebs were staying at. I also met and shook hands with Rick McCallum during that outing.

I've also had the opportunity to go see 2 different sitting U.S. Presidents, but passed...I'll not name them.

Depending on how things go this weekend I may get the chance to meet a former Secretary of Defense.

I shook hands with Mike Huckabee during a book signing.
    May the force be with you.

I've met quite a few Star Wars celebs at the conventions. My favorite stories involve them interacting with my daughters. We were talking to David Prowse (who was sitting down) and the lady who plays Mara Jade, Shannon McRandle(I think she was Shannon Baska then). I had my two daughters with me who were very young and Shannon was playing with my youngest when Peter stood up. He scared the living daylights out of both of them because he was so much taller than them. My oldest started crawling up my leg and my youngest burst into tears. Shannon then picked up my youngest while I calmed down my oldest. Shannon said to Peter,"sit down Peter you're scaring these babies." He immediately sat down. It was too funny. When we met David Prowse he was signing the photo of Darth Vader and Katie(my oldest) said, you're "who haw?" That's what she called Vader because of the sound that his breathing makes. Prowse busted a gut when she said that. I also liked meeting Bodie Taylor the 20 something clone. My brother and I were talking with him about his role in Johnny Lingo. A remake of a film produced by Bonneville & BYU. We asked him if he knew the Haka, a Māori dance. And he said of course and he even danced for us. It was awesome.
    I ran into, almost literally, Tommy Lee Jones at Central Market in San Antonio.
    My biggest and favorite star meetings was actually at my own home. The door bell rang and I went to go answer the door and standing in front of me was Karl Malone of the Utah Jazz. My dad ran a photography studio out of our home. He came to get photos done for the Miss South Jordan pageant. He was the master of ceremonies. We have a split level home and had to go downstairs to the studio. He had to bend over so he wouldn't hit his head. He is huge and his arms are massive. He looked at all my dad's work and talked to us like we were old friends. I asked him to sign my high school yearbook. I saw him over a month later and I had my dad ask him if he'd mind taking a picture with me and Malone said, " of course I'd love too. John, come over here man!" I was totally floored that he remembered my name. I mean how many people does someone like that meet in that time frame? Has to be a alot. I've been a die ard fan ever since.

Didn't meet her, but I just talked to Carrie Fisher. She was doing an interview with the Baltimore NPR station so I called in and asked a question.

Went to a Dimitri Martin comedy show at a local college's theater this week. While I didn't meet him, per se, he made us all feel like he was talking to us personally. And using more profanity than I expected. But the "smart" college students had apparently never heard of the concept of encores, as most got up to leave rigth after he FIRST walked off stage.

Was at a talk and book signing with former Jeopardy! champ, Ken Jennings tonight. Very personable, interesting speaker. And there he is, behind a table, signing stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KJ 2-14-14.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	28197